DH/FR in Spain

Tema en 'Foreign Bikers' iniciado por oskarom, 14 Ene 2006.

1. oskarom

oskarom Novato

Me Gusta recibidos:
    Hi I'm from Iceland and I'm going to Alicante Spain soon so I was wondering if I whould take my DH bike with me? is DH/FR any good around that area?

I'm landing in Alicante and we are staying in Villamartin close to Torrevieja.

Thanks
    Oskar

2. oskarom

oskarom Novato

Me Gusta recibidos:
    OMG a whole forum just for me!!! WHOH!!! :vino :rally :meparto

is there ever anyone going to read this post????? :( :( :( :(

3. tizza

tizza Politicamente incorrecto

Me Gusta recibidos:
    lo mismo lo entiendo y todo...jaja

4. palmix

palmix Rebaneado/Autoexcluido

Me Gusta recibidos:
    oskarom, just post a message in the appropriate forum (Downhill or Freeride) with this subject (copy and paste):

¿Sabeis algún buen sitio en Alicante donde hacer Descenso y Freeride? (soy de Islandia)
    ...they don't know where that country is... :(

y tú cállate tizza que no tienes ni P. idea de inglés...

5. [Free-Ski]

[Free-Ski] Miembro activo

Me Gusta recibidos:
    Welcome, there are a lof of places in Alicante but you must post the messaje in Dh/Fr forum, because this foro is new and people don't enter here.

6. Adonis

Adonis El loco de las coles

Me Gusta recibidos:
    oskarom, first of all welcome to our forum, I have just known this sub-forum, and i think it´s gonna be good for my english... Respect to your question, just post it in DH or Freeride section, because these guys and me at the moment only practice cross country, enduro, or road cycling... And Tizza, who practices DH, has no fucking idea about english... Ok, peace and love on Earth, and good luck...

7. juanma_1988

juanma_1988 Invitado

Me Gusta recibidos:
    Ooooh... A forum written in English. So good.

Well, I really can't help you with that topic because I have no idea of downhill or even the region you have talked about.

But welcome to our community and enjoy it, it's really nice, but I warn you there's a small group of people who is, we could say, crazy, so don't pay attention to that group. We remaining are different.

8. jabo

jabo pirata rider

Me Gusta recibidos:
    i think that it`s a good place for free and dh

9. tito

tito Miembro activo

Me Gusta recibidos:
    ask for rider alicantino xD

10. oskarom

oskarom Novato

Me Gusta recibidos:
    thanks for you're reply's but I just posted this on the DownHill forum and it was moved over here :(

It seams like the admins don't like English posts on other forums then this one, so please I ask you to post a thread with a link to this one on the DownHill section just so I'll get some replys on my topic

Thanks Oskar

11. oskarom

oskarom Novato

Me Gusta recibidos:
  12. MaYe

MaYe Vividor de la Pradera

Me Gusta recibidos:
    Hi Oskarom, i put a thread on the downhill section, with a link to this one, I hope it would be of help, and the people response you. Bye!

13. Rapier

Rapier Moderador Malote

Me Gusta recibidos:
    Welcome to all foreign Bikers.

I am moderator from de rally section, so I don´t know exactly everything about this new section, but I think foreign bikers must post here whatever the topic is. For DH/FR in Alicante... well, I´m not from there but I have read there is a lot of good places there to make jumps, drops, downhill...

But I´m going to try to take some info.

Welcome to Foromtb!!!

14. Ruben Kona

Ruben Kona Miembro activo

Me Gusta recibidos:
    You could go to the Guijarro Bike Shop (Guijarro Tot Sport) in San Vicente del Raspeig, it has a group of downhiller people in this zone.

Ruben

15. vito

vito FMX Addict

Me Gusta recibidos:
    welcome person

16. tatepal

tatepal miembro de oro

Me Gusta recibidos:
    i think that in march 23 is a dh race in altea (alicante).i dont know if it´s very close to torrevieja,but is the only race you have.here in this forum are many riders of alicante,if they enter here i think they will post if they know something of english

17. bikenweed

bikenweed Novato

Me Gusta recibidos:
    I ride a lot of DH and I live in Alicante. Go to Guijaro Tot Esport in San Vicente as soon as you get here to become aquainted with the local riders. There is a really good BMX track in San Vicente, and there are some great DH trails in the region. By DH trails I mean rocky, steep, and fast stuff with shuttle access.

Do you have a car? I live in San Vicente, and every Saturday morning a group ride meets at 8:15 at the Guijaro Tot Esport shop. Most people ride DH bikes with triple chainrings on the group rides, even the old men. If you're coming here I would definitely recomend bringing your bike!

Where did you hear about that date for the race in Altea? We went and rode what we think is the race course yesterday, but no one was sure of the date or the course!

18. jarvikitel

jarvikitel Picapleitos de pacotilla

Me Gusta recibidos:
    Hi oskarom, In Torrevieja there isn´t any mountain for DH, only for XC. Near (60-70 kms) there are goods areas for Freeride light, enduro and may be Dirty (San Vicente in Alicante with a BMX track, phone to Guijarro Sport, and Sierra Espuña in Murcia, see here http://www.mtb-espuna.com/index.html.

19. palmix

palmix Rebaneado/Autoexcluido

Me Gusta recibidos:
    jarvikitel... by the way ¿where is Lucifer? he has left the forum? ..there's a lot I don't see him

20. chakal

chakal Novato

Me Gusta recibidos:
    Hi boy¡¡

all the best in our country and warm wellcome

listen ¡ we are a group of middle-age guys liking MTB from Orihuela, just 20 kms far from villamartin. Torrevieja and sourrandings, as far as I know, is not suitable for your subject so you'll need to move by car with your bike to farther places which are around. Sierra espuña is a wonderfull place where you can practice surely nearly all types of riding styles, additionally it's a wonderful place , I strongly recommend you. By car it will take you around 1 hour and al half but believe me it deserves time taken.

we have also closer from Orihuela other places may be not so beatifull as Sierra Espuña but suitable too for nice and tough MTB.

take some time and get into our foro in our web www.manolico.com and leave a message with your worries and questions. we will help you as much as we can and will assist you in more details.

be carefull with girls and bier, torrevieja is a very "hot" place

see you there

Compartir esta página