Hello

Tema en 'Foreign Bikers' iniciado por Irishbiker, 26 Nov 2006.

1. Irishbiker

Irishbiker Novato

Me Gusta recibidos:
    Hi just joined this forum and would like to say hello to everybody. I am living in Playa Flamenca and ride mostly aggressive cross country usually with my mate but would like to meet other riders from this area. Just recovered from 2 broken ribs and am looking forward to getting back on my bike again after a month off. I have some knowledge of decent trails in this area, but am always keen to get more information which can be pretty difficult. I hope to hear from some other riders in this area,

Cheers.

2. Skycat

Skycat Novato

Me Gusta recibidos:
    Hi, welcome to the forums! I'm sure you'll enjoy it here, just watch out with people's spelling as it'll end up with you learning incorrect Spanish.

Have fun ;)

3. Superhoholu

Superhoholu 3 Rider 'Zyo

Me Gusta recibidos:
    hi ya! , welcome !
    Where is Playa Flamenca? i mean which province is it?
    i think here are lots of people want to ride with new friends... hehe

Just enjoy it!

4. Irishbiker

Irishbiker Novato

Me Gusta recibidos:
    Thanks for the greetings. Playa Flamenca is near Torrevieja in the south of Alicante and close to Murcia.

5. roberbolo

roberbolo Sed nomini tuo da gloriam

Me Gusta recibidos:

Hi how are u? i have read some post form u , and i would recommend u visiting Asturias, you´ll enjoy our tracks!
    About tracks and maps... check out this program: DECASP (u will find links in google) it allows u to download oficial maps from everywere in Spain from 1/200000 to 1/25000, also satellite images.

Be beer, my friend...:vino

6. Irishbiker

Irishbiker Novato

Me Gusta recibidos:
    Hi Roberbolo,

Thanks for the info, but I can not find a site to download Decasp from. Do you know one? I would like to visit Asturias, I know there are many good trails down there, maybe later this year when I get sometime off work. Thanks again.

7. Skycat

Skycat Novato

Me Gusta recibidos:
  8. mlizondo

mlizondo Acero para los barcos

Me Gusta recibidos:

As far as I know, decasp is not longer upgraded

Try http://www.myjavaserver.com/~jrariasf/sigpac/sigpac.html too

9. Irishbiker

Irishbiker Novato

Me Gusta recibidos:
    Mlizondo,

Many thanks. That works very well, and is a lot of help.
    Hope to be going to Sierra Espuna next Sunday. Thanks again.

Irishbiker

10. wokomolo

wokomolo woko pa los amigos

Me Gusta recibidos:
    Hi Irishbiker,

If you're thinking about going to Sierra Espuña next sunday, perhaps you'll meet some people of Torrevieja. We usually ride on sundays and we go to this mountain from time to time, as well to other ones around Murcia and Alicante, such as Carrascoy, Mariola, etc...

If you wish, you can join to our bike group and I'm sure you'll discover new btt trails even near Playa Flamenca and Torrevieja. ;-)

11. chuchi

chuchi Miembro

Me Gusta recibidos:

next sunday ?????????????

yessssssssss :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

12. Irishbiker

Irishbiker Novato

Me Gusta recibidos:
    Wokomolo,

That is very kind of you. I think perhaps we may be going to Carrascoy on Sunday, I am not sure because my friend will be driving. In Sierra Espuna do you leave from El Berro, as this is where we will go to begin our ride if we go there. Any information on trails in these areas would be of much help. Many thanks,

Irishbiker

13. Carlitos el mago

Carlitos el mago 310 lpm

Me Gusta recibidos:

Hi dude firts of all you are wellcome in this forum.
    I saw this post, and i just want to tell you that i know very well this area, cause my parents have got a house in " La Florida ", a place really colse from " Playa Flamenca " , you can go on foot.
    Sadly, i work :), but i will go there in summer, or maybe a short weekend, and we could share some tracks there.

Happy riding, and perhaps see you soon.

14. wokomolo

Me Gusta recibidos:
  15. Irishbiker

Irishbiker Novato

Me Gusta recibidos:
    Thanks Wokomolo,

I hope to go to either Sierra Espuna or Carrascoy this Sunday with 2 friends hopefully we can meet some other bikers from Torrevieja as there sems to be a few going there this weekend. Have a good weekend also, and I hope it stops raining for Sunday

16. wokomolo

Me Gusta recibidos:
    Hi again Irisbiker, did you ride last sunday? did you meet other bikers?

17. Irishbiker

Irishbiker Novato

Me Gusta recibidos:
    Hi Wokomolo,

No we didn´t ride last Sunday, my friend James was ill and my other friend drank too much beer on Saturday night (see Jeebee man on this forum). Also I got new forks sent from the UK but didn´t get them put on my bike in time, so I didn´t want to ride until they went on. But they are on now and will definately be riding somewhere on Sunday, I just don´t yet know where, and it looks like it will be raining again this Sunday:(. Will you be riding this weekend?

18. wokomolo

Me Gusta recibidos:
    Mmm, a new fork? it sounds interesting, which one?

Well, about your question, we don't know yet where we are going this sunday, buy I give u my mobile in a prv msg, perhaps we could ride together this weeked. See u :saltador

19. Irishbiker

Irishbiker Novato

Me Gusta recibidos:
    Thanks for that Wokomolo. Just got the RS Tora 318 u-turn with poplock. Not very expensive fork but better than what I had. Got it shipped over from the UK, much cheaper than buying in Spain, and only took 2 days to arrive. So ready to ride again :)

20. Irishbiker

Irishbiker Novato

Me Gusta recibidos:
    Hi Wokomolo,

Sorry could not make it yesterday, I was fast asleep in my bed. Oops! So how was Sierra Espuna? Sounds interesting as you thought knee and elbow pads were needed. My friend James and I went riding but just local, it was ok, nothing special or very dangerous, but still good fun. Can you describe what kind of riding you do in Sierra Espuna, we will definately go down next weekend, but my friends both ride downhill type bikes and they think these might be too much for there. I don´t care, my hardtail is fine for most things. I must get out some mornings this week and try to get fit again, because my legs hurt a lot today!

Compartir esta página