I try again; Bottom bracket size Mondraker Evo 2 2005??

Tema en 'Freeride' iniciado por joker1, 17 Abr 2005.

1. joker1

joker1 Novato

Me Gusta recibidos:
    Anybody who has the Mondraker Petrol Evo 2 2005 DH frame, and knows the bottom bracket size??

Is it a 68 or 73 mm shell? spindle length? 113 or 118?

Please answer in english.

thanks
    Atle K
    NORWAY

Adjuntos:

2. Huexxx

Huexxx Senior Rimbender

Me Gusta recibidos:
    A ver si alguien le puede ayudar al chaval...

Quiere saber la anchura de caja del petrol 2005...

As far as I know, you would need a 118 mm spindle, but I don't know the BB shell length...

What crancks are you expecting to use? If you have a ISIS ones, there are several bottombrackets that can be used for 68 and 73 shells only putting a 2,5mm included spacer (in 68mm case, of course)... The new shimano Hollowtech II cracksets are suitable to place it both lengths...

I hope to have been usefull to you... (horrible english my god)...

"Por lo que yo se, tu necesitarías un eje de 118, pero no conozco la longitud de la caja...

Que bielas piensas utilizar? Si tienes unas ISIS, hay muchos pedalieres que pueden ser usados en cajas de 68 y 73 solo poniendo un espaciador incluido de 2,5mm (en el caso de 68mm, por supuesto). Los juegos de bielas y eje Shimano Hollowtech II pueden ser utilizados tanto en 68 como en 73...

Espero haberte sido útil... (dios mio ingles horrible)"

Un saludo.

3. DemenbikeR

DemenbikeR Moderador (D)

Me Gusta recibidos:
    If you use Race Face BB or Integrated (hollowtech II, X-Type, etc) you haven't any problem, is the same for 68 and 73. If you want to use other brand in Isis or Octalink I think that it's a 73... Please sorry for my poor english...

4. joker1

joker1 Novato

Me Gusta recibidos:
    Thank you for your answer. I understood your english very well.

I am going to use FSA Isis crank arms and a FSA 118 x 73 mm bottom bracket with a fixed cup on the drive side. I really hope it fits.

Atle

Adjuntos:

5. óscar wiky

óscar wiky Atoperrrr

Me Gusta recibidos:
    Huess, yDemenbikeR, k bien os defendeis en ingles
    yo por desgracia no :cry:

6. Huexxx

Huexxx Senior Rimbender

Me Gusta recibidos:
    joker1, of course, this BB will fit well... does it include the 2,5mm spacer? If it don't, maybe you can get one at any cycles shop...

Thw worst case is using a 68mm only BB in a 73mm shell frame... :mrgreen:

Regards.

7. DemenbikeR

DemenbikeR Moderador (D)

Me Gusta recibidos:
    Huess, ese eje es el que yo llevo y no lleva arandela. Los FSA son uno para cada cosa, como en Shimano con los octalink.

Joker1, I've these bottom bracket (FSA Platinum) and I think that you won't have any problem to use 118*73 because, but I don't know well enough...
    If you don't want have any problem you should bought a Race Face Bottom Bracket because it include 2.5mm spacer ring.

****... se me esta olvidando el inglés, que mal... si es que en el instituto no se aprende nada y uno deja la academia y no puede ser...

8. joker1

joker1 Novato

Me Gusta recibidos:
    I will use a E13 chainguide, andt the frame doesn't have iscg mounts (3 "ears" to fasten the chainguide in), so I have have to use a fixed cup on the drive side. This because the E13 chainguide uses a plate between the BB cup and the frame for mounting.

Atle

9. Huexxx

Huexxx Senior Rimbender

Me Gusta recibidos:
    ok joker1, I now exactly undertand your situation.

Your E13 chainguide will make the work of the 2,5mmm spacer. Then is necesary that the Petrol has a 68mm shell... If it has a 73mm shell, there aren't ISIS bottom brackets ready to 73mm shells with non-ISCG chainguides. But, in this case, the problem is that both crancks and the chainline will move 2,5mm to the right... nothing important!!!

Greetings.

Compartir esta página