1. Este sitio usa cookies. Para continuar usando este sitio, se debe aceptar nuestro uso de cookies. Más información.
  2. Invitado, ¿no puedes iniciar conversaciones privadas? ¿Tu buzón está lleno? Prueba a "abandonar charlas" para liberar espacio de tu buzón .
    Descartar aviso

Irish Mountain Bike Enthusiast

Tema en 'Zona Norte' iniciado por turlough o brien, 11 Dic 2006.

1. turlough o brien

turlough o brien Novato

Me Gusta recibidos:
    Hola, perdon, No comprende Espanol.
    I have cycled the Camino De Santiago 4 times and want to find out some information about cycling across the Picos de Europas to Santiago!
    I would probably have to fly to Bilbao or Santander and cycle from there.

I will have my 13 year old son with me.

Is it possible? How long would it take us?

We did the Camino from Pamplona in 10 days last year.

I would appreciate your help.

Gracias

Turlough

2. antonio_ngn

antonio_ngn Maestro Voll-Damm

Me Gusta recibidos:
    Ups, I think that you should fly to Santander better, Bilbao is ok too but it will take more time and is a little far from Picos de Europa, so I think the best choice is flying to Santander and you will be close to the Picos de Europa.

Anyway I do not know any route through the Picos de Europa to Santiago, try to find something in google, if I find something I will post it here or expect some posts about this issue by some members from that area... I hope they can give you enough information but I guess they are not very fluent in English, hahaha...

Good luck!.

3. turlough o brien

turlough o brien Novato

Me Gusta recibidos:
    Muchos gracias!
    I have been looking at a route from La Hermida - PD Valdeon - Pueb Lillo - Cuerigo - Mieres - S Emiliano - Pole Somme ???? maybe some route to Lugo...

I understand it is not 'a camino' route but it looks like a very beautiful way to go.

Thanks for your reply.

Turlough

4. Jota Ele

Jota Ele Novato

Me Gusta recibidos:
    Welcome to the forum.

I agree with antonio_ngn. The airport of Santander is closer to Picos de Europa than the airport of Bilbao.

Yes, it is not the 'regular' way to Santiago but I think also that Picos is one of the more beautiful areas in the north. Maybe a bit difficult due the high heigths. Check the profiles and take them into account for your son.

Probably you already know it, but there is a "camino del norte" (use these words to look for further information in google) that goes all along the coast, not too far from Picos.

Take a glance at these pages:
    http://www.verdenorte.com/general/caminosant_etapas.php
    http://www.santiago-today.com/board/viewforum.php?f=21

The last one is a link to a english forum about the way of St James.
    Don't hesitate to ask the people of this forum if you have some particular question.

Have good luck!
    :)

Sorry for my rought english ...

5. turlough o brien

turlough o brien Novato

Me Gusta recibidos:
    Gracias for your help!
    Can you tell me are the trails way marked or do I need GPS to cross the mountains?

Turlough

6. Jota Ele

Jota Ele Novato

Me Gusta recibidos:

Compartir esta página