Let's talk about biking in English

Tema en 'Foreign Bikers' iniciado por chainring, 7 Ene 2011.

1. chainring

chainring Miembro Reconocido

Me Gusta recibidos:
    I'm a bicycle freak! and proud of it. But I draw the line at inclement weather like rain and snow. The guy I met today wanted to go up La Morcuera! He's the guy who needs to have his head examined. In any case, I may be grounded for a few days due to rain, but I can always resort to the hamster machine!

Última edición: 8 Feb 2014
  2. chainring

Me Gusta recibidos:
    First mountain bike ride in two weeks! Can you believe it? This was taken in Moralzarzal, beautiful weather, but also mud, puddles, running water. But it was sure nice to be on the bike again!

MZL landscape.JPG

3. chainring

Me Gusta recibidos:
    Today I got together with an old friend of mine and combined biking and photography in the Casa de Campo. It was such a beautiful day today that I ended up staying much longer than I intended, but I had a great time!

Here I'm on a sort of pump track.
    cdc jump.JPG

Última edición: 24 Feb 2014
  4. chainring

Me Gusta recibidos:
    If you look around you can find some berms in the Casa de Campo.
    cdc berm.JPG

And here's the same trail, which my friend calls 'the berms'.
    cdc tree.JPG

5. Mario Scale Buzz

Mario Scale Buzz Barreiros

Me Gusta recibidos:
    Strava:
    I do envy you, David. Despite these days I'm riding 4 days a week, I keep on cycling only for phsysical improving purposes so nothing about berms, nor jumps, nor funny tracks at all :confused:. This is what I do:

[​IMG]

Just taking care of both my heart rate and my cadence... and breaking parts, like the steering or the crankset, both to be replaced this week, and by the way, chain and cassette :eek:. I don't want to think about what'll break when I start making real rides.

6. chainring

Me Gusta recibidos:
    Well, glad to hear you're definitely back on your bike! And charting your progress as well. Looks like the numbers are going up on the chart, so you're getting better!

Yeah, I hate mechanical problems. Sounds like you're really having to sink some money into your bike to keep it in good working order. But in the end you'll have a good bike, and rider! :)

7. jorgt

jorgt Corre Conejo correee!!

Me Gusta recibidos:
    Strava:
  8. chainring

Me Gusta recibidos:
    So you were just casually looking around the net and came across the video. Cool! And it is funny. Actually I detect a Jorge sense of humor there, you know, with goats and all, ha ha.
    In any case, looks like a great place to go for a ride, like 'John's Collar Bone Trail', or 'Thousand Bends Trail'. Cool!

9. chainring

Me Gusta recibidos:
    Road bike day! And a good one. There haven't been that many this winter. So Juan Carlos and I went to Canencia (the Peak), 120 km and it took us about four and a half hours. It felt like we went fast but our average was just 26.7. Suppose that's because we start off easy, and of course going uphill slows you down. Actually I accidentally reset my bike computer, I think when we were on our way back and taking these pictures, so when I checked it in Madrid it said 33 km/hr. But that was basically the trip back - mostly downhill.

March 7, 2014 me 2 red.JPG

10. obarriel

obarriel Miembro activo

Me Gusta recibidos:
    An average of 26.7 is not bad at all, specially for a hilly trip.

11. chainring

Me Gusta recibidos:
    Thanks! Let me tell you, it was a hard ride.

And while we're on the subject, today was mountain biking day in the Sierras so we went to La Morcuera. Actually there was a scary moment when we were coming to the end of a single track and there was a forest agent waiting for us. I was worried that I was going to get a huge fine, but she just told us to stay on the dirt roads.

Other news is that a guy completely destroyed his rear derailleur today. Looks like what happened was that he forgot to tighten his rear wheel and it came off while he was riding, and the chain must have torn off the whole derailleur. Bizarre! You gotta look out for that! You know, it could happen to anybody.

morcuera.JPG

12. chainring

Me Gusta recibidos:
    Wow, how things change from one week to the next. Last week it was cold in La Morcuera, today it was hot in El Escorial.

So first we went up the zig-zags (las zetas), I remember I once found them really challenging but today I went up without any real problems. So it's nice to feel like I'm improving. Then up Monte Abantos where we took this picture, then down the Vascos, which is a rough trail. I tend to do better going up than down: first up, last down!

Escorial red.JPG

13. Interaptor

Interaptor Miembro Reconocido

Me Gusta recibidos:
    Hi folks! Here I am on the forum again, this is a new cycling season for me.. Nice to see Chain having a blast on the mountains!

Gonna make my re entry to the forum after being gone over almost 2 months with theese pics from Milan. Did not take my bike as I thought I could rent one over there, but didn´t have the time. Anyway I couldn´t help to take some photos and share with you guys. Milan is not what you´d call a beautiful city... Chains pics are a much more beautiful way of saying Madrid´s better. :p

Cheers!

Adjuntos:

• M1.JPG
      M1.JPG
      Tamaño de archivo:
      52,9 KB
      Visitas:
    • M2.JPG
      M2.JPG
      Tamaño de archivo:
      37,3 KB
      Visitas:
    • M3.JPG
      M3.JPG
      Tamaño de archivo:
      37,2 KB
      Visitas:
    • M4.JPG
      M4.JPG
      Tamaño de archivo:
      43,7 KB
      Visitas:
    • M5.JPG
      M5.JPG
      Tamaño de archivo:
      38 KB
      Visitas:
    • M6.JPG
      M6.JPG
      Tamaño de archivo:
      47,8 KB
      Visitas:
  14. chainring

Me Gusta recibidos:
    Inter's back! Good to hear from you at last. Talk about being off the radar, I was thinking that maybe you'd been kidnapped or something. But I guess if you're abroad, what can you do?

Anyway, you can see the weather has been favorable for our hobby. Finally! After two months of 'ciclogénesis explosiva' (I'm still not really sure what that is), it's practically summer. Bizarre! It's disconcerting: storm after storm, suddenly summer, and I'm just waiting for winter to come back. Can't be much longer now! Meanwhile, gotta ride! 'Make hay while the sun shines' as they say. So let's go for a ride soon, maybe Friday on road bikes.

And cool pics of Milán. Very unban. So you've been off bikes for two months. Well, time to get back in shape!

15. Interaptor

Me Gusta recibidos:
    Yeah, I missed you all !!! Since I put my bikes away I´ve been counting the days to my road bike day and this amazing weather!. I couldn´t wait until the day has come!. Take it for granted Chain: will see you on Friday at the start line! LET´S GET DOWN TO IT!!! :):):)

16. chainring

Me Gusta recibidos:
    Interaptor rides again! Did really well considering he's hardly ridden in the last two months. We basically went to Cerceda: 95 km. We stopped off the side of the road of M-607 between Cerceda and Colmenar for the pic. Really pretty spot.

group redu.JPG

• Me Gusta Me Gusta x 1
  17. Interaptor

Me Gusta recibidos:
    Yes, I am. Thank U Chain!. Well, I´m riding and acting dumb again as the pic indicates ;-). No matter how you say it, it´s always the same: Fun and cycling are two parts of a same reality. That´s why all of our rides are a really enjoyable experience, don´t they?...

Now, going on with my schedulled rides, I´ll be test riding three bikes at Cercedilla (Testthebest 2014 Event).

From Spain: BH Lynx 4.8 29er Carbon
    BH-LYNX-4.8-29er-9.7-CARBON-2014_1.jpg

From Taiwan: Giant Anthem Advanced 27.5 1
    Giant Anthem Advanced 27.5 1.jpg

From Italy: Benelli Alpan 27.5
    Benelli-Alpan-01.jpg
    But till then there´s more Friday road rides along with you to come!!!. Great to be here again. :):):)

Última edición: 23 Mar 2014
  18. chainring

Me Gusta recibidos:
    If you get a new bike, personally I'd go for a 27.5 before a 29. I understand it's a good compromise between 26 maneurverability and 29 smoothness. But I suppose it's a personal decision. BTW, the BH Lynx sure looks nice.

I don't think I'll do the Test the Best. I just don't have the economic resources at the moment for a new aquisition. Speaking of bikes, today I was in Moralzarzal and it was really crowded. Apparently there's going to be some sort of race there in two weeks so lots of people were checking out the terrain. In any case, it's just amazing how many upper end bikes there were, you'd never know we're in the middle of a crisis.

In any case, here are pics from todays ride. The group pic and just one action pic: too bad it came out blurred.

MLZ group.JPG

MLZ curve.JPG

19. Mario Scale Buzz

Mario Scale Buzz Barreiros

Me Gusta recibidos:
    Strava:
    It's good to read you're back, Inter. I saw your intentions to attend TTB'14. I attended the first edition, trying the Scale 29 and riding the marathon. And it was a very nice weekend, also seeing the night urban downhill. Enjoy it as much as you can, because it's a great event. I'll have to have for the next edition :(

20. Interaptor

Me Gusta recibidos:
    Thank U Mario. Nice to see you around again!. This will be my second time as I attended the 2013 event. Actually I plan on going just for the sake of it, it´s not that I need a new bike, Chain. Anyway I´m curious on how it is to ride an electric bike on the mountains and forests. Could be a new sensation to be tested, just a feeling of getting squeezed in a crowded place, a deception to Mother Nature which demands some effort to climb a hill. Look at Chain´s photos and you can notice how proud they are to get there!!!. That´s why I don´t particularly like e-bikes if I can pedal upwards by myself, but you know, curiosity killed the cat ;-)

Compartir esta página