Nueva Cannondale

Tema en 'Bicis y componentes' iniciado por Taronja, 14 Jul 2004.

1. Taronja

Taronja Miembro

Me Gusta recibidos:
    Aqui os pongo unas "afotos" de la nueva Cannondale......para que babeemos un poco
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Que os parece?

A continuación os pongo el artículo sobre la nueva bici. Esta en ingles...pero mas o menos se entiende, no? :wink: :wink:

The Cannondale Prophecy

‘Thou shall not ride Crap’ - The Creator

Cannondale have always been an innovative company that have not followed the path well travelled. This is evident in products such as the Lefty Fork and Fulcrum, not a company to rest on their laurels Cannondale have a desire to consistently improve their product range and develop bikes that inspire riders. Taking a look at the current line up they felt that it was missing a bike that can do it all. Up and down without the weight penalty.

Enter The Prophet.

The specifications are as follows:

140mm (5.5 inches) travel front and rear
    Designed around the new Carbon Max Lefty Fork (3.8lbs) and the Manitou Swinger SPV Shock
    Frame and Swingarm weight is 2.38kg (5.25lbs) on a Medium frame
    Top end bike build weight will be around the 11kg (24lb) mark.
    Hydroformed Super V frameset incorporating thickness less than 2mm
    1.5 Head tube
    2 Geometry positions. 69 degree XC and 67.5 Freeride positions.
    Single Pivot
    2.5 inch tyre maximum
    Two models. The Prophet and the 4x Version that differs by having a 12mm bolt though hub and single ring set up.

Cannondale are marketing this bike at the Enduro/Freeride-Lite niche with it sitting in between the Freeride Gemini and the Jekyl with a motto of ‘No Compromise: Less weight, More travel.

Cannondale have designed the Prophet with the ability to get to the top of the mountain and then shred the descent back down. They invited journalists from all over the world to the wondrous singletrack of Lenzerheide, Switzerland to spend two days riding up and down some quintessential singletrack (and maybe the odd use of a chairlift). A clever move to maybe distract away from any shortcomings of their new product?

The first two hours was spent listening to the Designers, Testers and Engineers waxing lyrical about the hydroformed tubing, balance of the bike being perfect, the 10 months of testing with Cedric Garcia to get the swingarm flex right. It is clear that they have put a huge amount of effort, research and passion into this bike to produce the lightest longest travel bike in its class.
    Being pretty new to all this press-camp stuff, I was easily won over by the American style propaganda and with all the talk of immediate response, stable platform and general optimism that this was indeed THE bike to ride got me pretty excited!

The Prophet looks essentially like a cross between the old Super V and the Gemini but that’s where the similarities end [Anyone else think it looks rather like an older Marin? Ed]. The scales demonstrates its flyweight pedigree and a short blast up a hill to grab photos demonstrate that it is a fast mover with little or no pedal bob courtesy of the Manitou Swinger shock. Although the frame looks like a Gemini it is not. Every tube has been carefully designed and made as light and strong as possible. With 1.5 Headtube technology, variable downtube wall to strengthen pivot and BB where there has been a history of failures in the past, a top tube that has been formed and tapered to increase footprint on downtube to increase impact strength and the incredible swingarm.
    The swingarm is a welded hollow-core (The hollow-core design boosts stiffness by 25-30%) pivot with CNC’d forging for precision alignment, strength and weight savings. The chain stays have been 3-D formed and tapered to optimise lateral and torsional stiffness and tuned for vertical compliance that means heavy landing loads will be evenly distributed.

After taking the obligatory photos, asking appropriate questions about this and that we eventually got to ride the new Machine. Unfortunately the Swiss weather decided to put dampeners on in the form of a deluge of rain. Perfect testing conditions! Due to there being too many journalists and not enough Prophets I was riding the 4x version. This certainly tested my thighs, lungs and spirit as the 38 ring, torrential rain, altitude and undigested Swiss meat were making me suffer. Due to the rain we chose not to take the chairlift to the top but take on a more traditional XC ride instead.

As soon as we hit the slippery, endless forested singletrack the Prophet came alive. The rear end is a bump eating unit, the Lefty is as stiff as any I’ve ridden and generally a fun bike but to be honest I didn’t really get it at this point what with my somewhat tired persona. I blame it on the journey to Switzerland.

The next day gave us the opportunity to thoroughly test the handling characteristics in the Freeride Tour. Potentially this meant 60km of trails all accessed by lifts but due to low cloud and large snow patches we only made it to the mid-station at 2,300m. Such a chore I can tell you!

I was on the correct Prophet today and the ride kicked off with some tight, steep singletrack through meadows riding in a big group. I was initially not overly confident due to the bars being narrower than I’m used to (and a hangover!) but after five minutes of descending I had settled and really started to think about the way it performs.

The designers talk about the Prophet being perfectly balanced front and rear with immediate response from rider input. I started riding as if it was a hardtail with the geometry was set up in Freeride mode, throwing it around and taking control of the ride. Good god! Drop your shoulders and lean into the turn and its like a dart! The twisty, steep trails that we were having the pleasure of riding were ideal territory for showing what this bike can do with a mix of roots, rocks, switchbacks, drop offs and all on a fair old gradient!

I was really enjoying the riding in this stunning area and I thought that when we hit the road we were at the bottom of the valley. The rider in front of me was belting down the road on his Gemini DH rig set up with Manitou Dorado’s and he suddenly veered off into an opening at the side. We commenced a flat out, wide open descent that had us hitting 40mph though rock sections, water bars and loose, long corners with drops into the raging river below. Our smiles and high fives at the bottom were indicative of a great time and I realised that I’d pretty much kept up with the DH Gemini over tough terrain on a sub 26lb all round bike. The Prophet was rapidly growing on me and I was starting to understand its ways.

Now that I understood the Prophet I could really push it. In long corners the bike is solid without the rear end being overly stiff, the tight stuff is a breeze, jumps are stable and due to the light weight it is easy to loft and float, at high speed the bike is stable but it is eminently flickable. The high bottom bracket (13 inches) meant that you could roll big steps with out grinding the triple chainset and the head angle wasn’t going to spit you over the front. The travel isn’t as plush as a traditional freeride bike but it is active, compliant and responsive which means a lively ride.

Watching the other riders I could see that they were really enjoying the handling of the Prophet too. Hopping here and there, sliding the rear end out and actively trying to find the harder lines and drops. There were a few crashes but these were due to riders pushing the bike harder than maybe the skill levels of the rider could handle rather than a shortfall in the Prophet.

As you can probably guess I liked this bike. I liked it so much I was heard to say things like ‘I have only good things to say about this bike’ and ‘the handling is so sweet’ but instead of writing this review straight off the back of my great time in Switzerland I decided to wait a couple of days and be objective about it.

The trails were superb and highlighted the superb handling of the bike rather than distracting, but a long term test in less superlative terrain would prove I’m sure that the Prophet would be at home on the singletrack of Thetford to the epic mountains of Scotland.
    There was not a huge amount of pedaling done but it felt very quick and no bob was present due to the SPV technology. I have assessed the Prophet purely in terms of riding characteristics and suspension feel. The components that hang off it are of no interest because Cannondale have only confirmed that there will be 5 models of the Prophet (including the 4Cross model) with no details on components confirmed.
    Searching for negative things to say about the Prophet I can come up with the following niggles:
    Due to the Lefty fork the minimum length of Stem is 65mm
    The Carbon Lefty fork is not as plush as other forks (but it’s the lightest 5.5in fork and incredibly stiff)
    It’s a single pivot and therefore some may not like it.
    The Chain Slap is very loud on the hollow swingarm

The Prophet would suit riders that enjoy going up as well as down but without being compromised at all on the descent. The prices are to be confirmed along with colours but the matt green and blues were very fetching although the raw finish highlights the beautiful welding and pipe construction. The bikes will start appearing in late August..

Cannondale have a superb product in the Prophet that is without a doubt greater than the sum of its components, test it and I am sure that you will agree.

Rob Hamilton Smith

2. NIKO

NIKO Miembro

Me Gusta recibidos:
    Babeo con la bici (que rara es) y babeo mas todavía con los paisajes que salen en las fotos... :lol:

3. Gingru

Gingru Gingriiiiiiiiiii

Me Gusta recibidos:
    En un lugar de la mancha, de cuyo nombre no quiero
    juer... me paresce muuuu fea...

es q las cannondale esas con horquilla monobrazo... nuse... no me llaman del todo...

4. Drakon

Drakon Ex-combatiente :D

Me Gusta recibidos:
    ****, pos salvo por la horquilla yo la veo de lo más normalita, de hecho me suena haber visto un cuadro muy parecido por ahí.

Si es que los fabricantes cada vez se comen menos el tarro... sinceramente, prefiero los paisajes de las fotos a la bike :mrgreen:

Un saludo:
    Drakon ;)

5. Xc man

Xc man Yeti Fan Ongüanero

Me Gusta recibidos:
    Yo la sigo viendo como una Gemini

6. jontomac

jontomac Bon vivant

Me Gusta recibidos:
    El cuadro parece el hijo de una noche de pasion entre una klein adept y una marin

7. rznr

rznr indefinido

Me Gusta recibidos:
    es igual q la gemini solo q menos bruta, no tiene mas. a mi me gusta, todas las cannondale me gustan.

8. Orko

Orko Miembro activo

Me Gusta recibidos:
    A mi no me acaba... hay mil mas bonitas de diseño.
    Y las lefty me siguen dando mal rollo.

9. Superdiego

Superdiego Powered by EnBici-Merida

Me Gusta recibidos:
    Pues como dicen si es casi igual que la Gemini!! y personalmente me gusta mas le jekill de ahora o la Scalpel aggggg...............SaLu2!!

10. oitsuper

oitsuper Capitán Planeta

Me Gusta recibidos:
    no se vosotros, pero no me fio nada de nada de esas lefty....ademas, me parecen horribles.....
    Lo de las Lefty es mas una cuestión de marketing, para separarse de la competencia, pero no tiene beneficios reales. Todos los experimentos parecidos que se han echo en el mundo de la moto, no han tenido ningun exito.....creo que este es el caso

11. Joclega

Joclega Fucker member

Me Gusta recibidos:
    Me parece igual k la gemini me imagino k esa bici la utilizaran el SEÑOR GRACIA para hacer dual pero yo le e visto corriendo con al gemini de 170 detras y con la lefty delante o tambien con la CHASE II.

12. manulopez

manulopez Novato

Me Gusta recibidos:
    Habeis probado una lefty? Yo tuve una yekyll y para mi desgracia me deshice de ella por una epic marathom, nás subidora, no veo el momento de volver a cannondale, QUIERO UNA PROPHET......

13. Kynkos

Kynkos Héroe Sideral

Me Gusta recibidos:
    sí, sí, claaaro.
    Eso pensaba yo, hasta que probé a fondo una.
    Después de comprobar la rigidez que tienen, no te querrás separar más de ellas. Ríete de las de doble botella...

(el único inconveniente es que no puedes soltar las dos manos a cierta velocidad: el aire chocando contra el monobrazo lo impide ;))

14. Antonio®

Antonio® Linkage Design

Me Gusta recibidos:
    Gente, esto era un mensaje de Julio del 2004 :) :) :)

Un saludo.

15. Kynkos

Kynkos Héroe Sideral

Me Gusta recibidos:
    bueno, por aquel entonces ya existían las Lefty, no? ;)

16. dricho1

dricho1 Miembro Reconocido

Me Gusta recibidos:
    solo hablo de un hecho real, hasta la fecha por lo menos es lo que he observado:
    el que nunca ha probado una lefty: no me fio, me da mala espina, no puede ser rigida, es que en las motos, es que parece fragil, debe flexar, etc etc
    el que ha probado un lefty: en la vida llevare otra horquilla, la mejor que he tenido, impresionante rigidez,etc etc etc.
    siempre digo que para saber si un plato esta rico o no hay que comer al menos 4 o5 cucharadas y luego opinamos. con la vista no se come señores!!!!
    (o eso dice siempre mi madre)
    un saludo

17. Kynkos

Kynkos Héroe Sideral

Me Gusta recibidos:
    exactamente eso que dices. Y me incluyo en el grupo de los pre-escépticos---post-convencidos ;-)

18. Castron culonegro

Castron culonegro C'est magnifique!!

Me Gusta recibidos:
    Como habreis visto en otro post, la "profeta" es un cacharro que me atrae un poquillo, sobre todo por desconocer el tacto, la sensación que se tendrá de ir rodando y ver que te falta una botella :D , la garantia ...
    La pega es que la Enduro s-works que tengo me tiene muy contento, se podria decir que ella me enseña a mi, no yo a ella.
    Esteticamente me gusta mas mi cuadro, pero estas cannondale tienen ese "algo" que encima con las lefty ya colman y en mi caso me dicen: "pruebame, pruebame!" Esas diferencias nos gustan a los que somos curiosos. Si callese en mis manos una prophet menudo dilema tendría, le pongo mi talas rlc 05, o probamos una lefty?¿? Acabaría montando la lefty, seguro.
    Saludos.

19. MaGGeR

MaGGeR Salut!

Me Gusta recibidos:
    Strava:
    Pues a mi las lefty cada vez me gustan mas y mas, vamos que me muero por tener una, lo que ya no me gusta tanto, esteticamente hablando, son la mayoria de cuadros dobles cannondale, que eso si, seguro van de fabula.

Saludos.

20. mata2

mata2 Miembro

Me Gusta recibidos:
    jo y lo dices ahoraaaaaa, !!!!! clatakan pim -pum !!!! hostiazo al canto

Compartir esta página