ojito con este..el hijo de Ned Overend..

Tema en 'General' iniciado por Carbonboy, 19 Ago 2004.

1. Carbonboy

Carbonboy CarbonÃssimo!! Moderador ForoMTB

Me Gusta recibidos:
    [​IMG]

Lots of young men are ripping up the local jumping parks on BMX bikes at age 13, and a few can be counted as experienced downhillers. Not too many 13-year-olds, however, can power uphill like Rhyler Overend. The son of this country’s most decorated male cross-country athlete was on hand at Specialized’s 2005 product debut in Santa Cruz, California last month, where he hammered alongside some pretty fit industry types—all of which, were either humiliated, or at least impressed, by the young teenagers’s climbing and bike-handling skills.

Rhyler rode with Ned and I, exploring the area’s extensive singletrack network for an entire day: when he wasn’t on his personal Specialized P-3 jumping bike, he split his time between a 32-pound ’05 Enduro and a 44-pound Demo-8 gravity racer. Like his dad, Rhyler can carry on a conversation while he hammers uphill—at least at sea level. After four loops in the woods, Rhyler broke off to try a 25-foot double, hidden in the nearby forest on a secret jumping course. He didn’t look tired to me.

MBA: Have you always ridden mountain bikes?

Rhyler: I started riding at the Shimano Races when I was six—and did an occasional race at ten years old. Mostly, I ran track and cross-country at school.

MBA: Do you like cross-country on the bike?

Rhyler: There is a jumping area at the end of my street. I met some of the older kids there a year ago, and they showed me some stuff about the jumps. Now I meet them there at the end of the day. We either ride the jumps or go somewhere and freeride. I like freeriding most.

MBA: Ned says that you like to downhill, but that he forces you to race cross-country too.

Rhyler: Yeah, I like cross-country because it keeps me fit. I race a “Big-Hit” right now. The downhill course at Durango isn’t that hard, and it pedals pretty good on the flat parts.

MBA: Any chance Specialized will hook you up with a real downhill rig? I imagine that all your dad has to do is make the call….

Rhyler: A Demo-8 would be perfect.

2. garypalmer

garypalmer TEAM MISTER MOON BIKES

Me Gusta recibidos:
    Strava:
    no, ojito con el sobrino de carbonboy, el del avatar.... :wink:

3. Xc man

Xc man Yeti Fan Ongüanero

Me Gusta recibidos:
    Buuuuuuu q cara de mafioso q tiene, jajaja, a ese lo veremos en rally o haciendo lo de bender con la bici de su padre, jajaja.
    Ya comentaron los de bike el año pasado q ganó alguna prueba de su edad.
    El sobrino de carbonboy va salir rallyero, titanboy, jajaj.

4. carjorbar

carjorbar Miembro Reconocido

Me Gusta recibidos:
    ¿Por qué no me sorprende que vaya patrocinado por Specialized? :lol:

5. kAyNo

kAyNo Biker raquetero

Me Gusta recibidos:
    Albatera (Alicante) seguro ke en el fronton
    ese es un rikeras ke se meterá donde se meta por enchufe :arrow: todas las puertas tendrá abiertas.... y explotado desde pekeño.. pues aun mejor.. llegará a ser una makina ? :scratch

Compartir esta página