Behind THE Barriers. Otra forma de ver las carreras.

Tema en 'Ciclocross' iniciado por Cactus, 22 Oct 2011.

1. Dubby

Dubby Miembro activo

Me Gusta recibidos:
    Muy bueno este capítulo,la verdad que transmite buen rollo Jpow!!!!

2. elmario

elmario no soy un pisamoquetas

Me Gusta recibidos:
    Strava:
    Jjeje, muy bueno el capítulo. Siempre sale un borracho (me gusta el ciclocross, es como la vida misma).

3. alfus

alfus Baneado

Me Gusta recibidos:
    [video]http://vimeo.com/behindthebarriers/season-3-episode-7[/video]

4. alfus

alfus Baneado

Me Gusta recibidos:
    Estaban aparcados al lado de Mugroso.

5. Cactus

Cactus Miembro Reconocido

Me Gusta recibidos:
    Muy bueno, vaya bonito que es Praga, por cierto.
    Ah, cuando Jeremy le baja magdalenas que hizo mi Julie a Tom Hopper, uno de los mecánicos alemanes me parece que es el de los videos de Continental

[video=youtube;_evbSjCf-m4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_evbSjCf-m4[/video]

6. elmario

Me Gusta recibidos:
    Strava:
    Jjeje, me ha costado pillarlo. Pero he visto mugrosos con peores caravanas, he de decir.

autocaravana.jpg

7. Cobra de Villa

Cobra de Villa Miembro

Me Gusta recibidos:
    Vaya cabreo que se agarra al final del video con el abandono. Por cierto alguien ha podido conseguir el video del Jeremy Powers Cross Camp sobre lecciones de ciclocross? Me pica la curiosidad ver sus explicaciones..

8. Bmx

Bmx Miembro Reconocido

Me Gusta recibidos:
    ¿Alguien sabe con que spray esta el mecanico de Jeremy lubricando desviador y puentes de freno...?.

9. ancanpas

ancanpas Miembro

Me Gusta recibidos:
    Creo q es WD40,,,,creo,,,(de ser así, lo puedes encontrar en casi cualquier ferreterías industrial)

10. Bmx

Bmx Miembro Reconocido

Me Gusta recibidos:
    Gracias ancanpas. Creo que no es WD40, al menos el WD40 que todos conocemos... de ahi la pregunta. No se ve el fondo amarillo tipico de su logo por ningun lado y a sabiendas que este equipo usa productos de WD40 como parte de patrocinio no se... parece algo nuevo que al menos en España aun no venden... El WD40, de mis tiempos mas mozos en motocross no lo utilizabamos como lubricante, mas bien para desplazar toda la humedad de partes electricas y para proteger de la corrosion tras los excesos con la Karcher.
    http://hines.blogspot.com.es/2012/03/when-should-i-not-use-wd-40.html

Última edición: 1 Dic 2012
  11. Dubby

Dubby Miembro activo

Me Gusta recibidos:
    WD40Bike patrocinan la temporada de Usa de Ciclocross.Tienen su propia página de internet.

http://www.wd40bike.com/

12. alfus

alfus Baneado

Me Gusta recibidos:
    Un día en Roubaix:

I had a couple of requests to write a more in depth report from yesterday’s World Cup in Roubaix. Because the trip to France was so short, Sam and Behind The Barriers wasn’t there, so i wanted write a blog and paint the whole picture.

Lets start out with how I’ve been feeling: I’m motivated, working hard and have my eye on the goals I’ve set out to get and spoken of previously.
    Roubaix was a perfect trip. Everything I could need or ask for to get a result was put in place logistically and for that I’m so grateful.

I placed 23rd. I don’t want to over analyze this race more than I need too, but part of growing and getting better is being honest with myself and knowing my weakness to make it better. I’m gonna point some of that out here. Mostly, its for entertainment, but also so there’s some question marks answered.

At the world cups, you need to ride a flawless race to make the top 10. Yesterday wasn’t flawless. We had some issues, but we made the best of it.

I had a mediocre start. Last season I started to focus less on my start game. My ‘old’ style – attacking from the gun – had me come up short so many times for lots of different reasons. Sometime it was burning too many matches or pulling everyone around, sometimes showing too many cards, etc.

Going into this season I changed my racing style to suit racing in the USA, mostly by starting out slower. That’s been working for me. Fast forward to December.
    The rhythm and speed at the world cups is higher and the effort in the race is paced differently. I learned that in Czech Republic earlier this year. There’s a difference between watching the race play out (like has been happening this year) and not knowing what’s going on because your tongue is on your top tube (like in previous years). So the take away for me after this weekend is: I need to improve my start and the opening couple laps. Luckily, this is natural for me, and once I focus some energy there, I will get back those quick starts. It’s the biggest area I’d like to improve on before the next World Cup rounds.

…About two minutes into the race, something happened to my bike. wWy it didn’t happen during the 25 pre-ride laps I did, I cannot tell you.

I was pinched by a Fidea rider and another guy. The Fidea guy was on my left and was higher than me on the embankment, while the other was below me. To avoid a crash, I leaned left. He came down and put his rear wheel against my front tire (it made that card in the spokes noise). I kept my weight against his rear tire with my front tire to not lose balance. The weight of our tires rubbing made my stem move. So, my bars are oriented like I’m turning left, but my wheel is still straight. Rather than stop when I’m in 25th and fix it (I would have lost so much time!), I nursed it to the pit, losing some spots but doing damage controlas best I could.
    I knew the start was important at this race because of how fast the course was.

I grabbed the new bike. I started to ‘over’ race – hitting sections slower than I was capable of because of traffic on the course because I was in 38th after lap 1. This is similar to when someone’s going 55 in the left lane. You go to pass them on the right and they speed up so you can’t pass. That’s what was happening – I was in a traffic jam or “grote fila” as they say in Belgium.

I made up a little ground, but on lap 3, I jumped the barriers and my bars slipped pretty good. This has never happened to me in a race. I had a mild freak out from what I thought was going to be a season-ender. I just about snapped inside, but I pulled my head together, calling on my maturity and years of racing to help me out of that one. I said to myself: “this is a great course for me and it’s not going how I want and I don’t want to lose this opportunity.

I get to the pit, grab another bike and then probably because I was mad. I messed up and smash myself in the groin and shin in one of the stupid little sand pits because I rode into the back of some rider going slower than I was… Ughhhhhhhhggrrrr.

At that point, I was in a trance – I took a minute and tell myself, “you’re going to light this up and put together some solid laps. Deep breaths – lets go.”

That was how the first thirty minutes went.

At the halfway mark, guys were getting tired. My race started to come together, and I started to ride through groups. I rode the front through the velodrome and the other sections as hard as possible.

I posted some decent laps – 10th 6th & 8th fastest on laps 8, 9 and 10.

Here’s my take away: I was 30 seconds off of 15th place. That group was racing for 12th. That’s not much of a gap. I rode lap times that were good and showed my fitness. I made up ground from where I started – in 38th. My result is not even close to what I expected of myself but I don’t get a do-over, so I have to wait until Namur and Zolder to give it another stab.

Over the next two weeks, I’m going to keep building towards these last two world cups, nationals and the world championships.

I’m all in on this program of races – the work is never over. I feel great and I’m ready to try again. This next one is going to sound weird, but I will train harder and push myself more than I ever have over these next couple weeks and I expect a lot. I know what I need to do to get this and it’s within arms reach. Thank you for following me, reading, watching Behind THE Barriers, and on social media. I see it all and thank you for following along!

13. Kike_Marin

Kike_Marin reenganchado

Me Gusta recibidos:
    Al igual que en los vídeos de BTB, Jeremy Powers en persona es un tipo muy majo, que te saluda con efusividad, encantado de charlar un poco y agradecido por la visita. En Roubaix:
    IMG_0745.JPG

14. Cactus

Me Gusta recibidos:
    Jo Kike, qué bien te lo montas ;)

15. jose gines

jose gines BAJOCA

Me Gusta recibidos:
    tiene toda la pinta de ser una gran persona ademas de un crack del ciclocross

16. turkish

turkish against all odds Probadores

Me Gusta recibidos:
  17. kabra-xc

kabra-xc .:: ::.

Me Gusta recibidos:
    Aquí hay uno que se está ganando un Baneo ... Kike vale ya, no ??? :meparto

He de confesar que no solo las fotos de Roubaix.. sino de TODOS los eventos que has estado .. vaya añito !! :wink:

Por cierto, en el último capítulo de BTB .. sale el circuito ( o parte ) del Cto del Mundo ...

18. Kike_Marin

Kike_Marin reenganchado

Me Gusta recibidos:
    De este año, no me puedo quejar. ;)

Es que este año ha sido completito, y lo he disfrutado enormemente. Y yo que me decía que algún día quería presenciar una clásica del Norte y alguna de ciclocross en Bélgica... Pues este año, hasta ahora han caido:

1. Ronde van Vlaanderen
    2. Amstel Gold Race
    3. Fleche-Wallonne
    4. Liege-Bastogne-Liege
    5. Le Tour de France (prólogo Lieja)
    6. Eneco Tour
    7. UCI Road Cycling World Championships
    8. Cyclocross Superprestige Zonhoven
    9. Cyclocross bpost bank Trofee Hasselt
    10. Cyclocross World Cup Koksidje
    11. Cyclocross World Cup Roubaix

Un momentazo fué cuando este verano me traje el coche aquí. Decidimos parar en Roubaix, quité la bici del coche, y unas vueltas al velódromo :eek:la2

Este domingo puede que me acerque al ciclocross Druivenveldrit Overijse. Y a ver qué hay el próximo finde. Al irme de vacaciones de navidad a España me pierdo las últimas carreras del año, copas del mundo de Namur y Zolder incluídas. A ver en enero y febrero lo que se puede ver...

Para el año no me quiero perder la Paris-Roubaix.

De todos modos Fer, ya sabes de sobra que aquí te espero para una o más visitas.

19. Cactus

Me Gusta recibidos:

Vaya nivel de carreras, qué envidia. Yo también tengo de asignatura pendiente ir a ver algún monumento, y alguna WC de ciclo en Bélgica. A ver cuándo me cuadra.

Sobre el último episodio de BTB, qué animal Adam Craig, vaya cómo sube el tío. JPow tampoco es manco, pero es que Craig lo clavaba vuelta tras vuelta.
    Puede molar el mundial del pollo frito...

20. elmario

Me Gusta recibidos:
    Strava:
    ¿Lo del pollo frito de qué va?
    ¿Adam Craig no irá al mundial, no? La verdad es que mola que intenten subir montados, al menos a los montañeros no puristas del ciclo nos mola. jaja.

Compartir esta página