Commencal 2008!!! Toda La Gamma

Tema en 'DownHill' iniciado por rodrigodh, 29 Jun 2007.

1. rodrigodh

rodrigodh Miembro activo

Me Gusta recibidos:
    Buenas, un broder me acaba de pasar un link con toda la gamma 2008 de commencal, se q esta zona es solo y fulll dh como yo ;-) , pero pondre toda la gamma para q no este repartida.

Incluso viene con explicacion de cada modelo y los cambios q han hecho pero esta en ingles y me da flojera traducirlo en este momento... ya lo hare luego y edito para ponerlo.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

ok esas son todas las fotos... bastantes eh, ahora la explicacion de la gamma:

The Bikes:

For 2008 Commencal had the vision to introduce a couple new models (namely the Furious and 666) at the same time tweaking their existing fleet to become even lighter and stronger by utilizing better materials and construction techniques. This resulted in some of the best frames in the world (they even have a fully hydroformed hardtail for $1000cdn!) at an affordable price!

The 2008 Range:

Normal: The entry level hardtail still has a hydroformed downtube to reduce weight and increase strength, not to mention diamond shaped rear stays and micro CNC dropouts for sure shifting, starting at $779 these are a steal!

Combi: A brand new frame for 2008, this utilized a hydroformed top tube and downtube creates a stronger and lighter frame than 2007. Usually you only see this on a handful of $3000+ bikes in the world but Commencal is bringing it to you for $1099

Maxmax:

The Maxmax is an inspirational idea the Max Commencal himself devised. He wanted to create an inexpensive bike that the masses could afford and use for everything from DJ, street and Park, to commuting, university campuses and beach cruising.
    The Maxmax frame is the exact same frame as the Absolut 1 and 2, that means this high end world class frame can be rebuilt and upgraded at anytime (it comes with a freewheel rear hub, disc tabs, rigid cromo fork and disc ready hubs), or just leave it rigid single speed and build up those skills. To further push the enveloping scope of this bike a 24” version has been created, at $599cdn, this is the perfect extra bike that everyone needs in their stable.

Meta 5:

The runaway success and glowing bike reviews galore, made the Meta 5 a force to be reckoned with in 2007. So how to improve? Well they did it with a new stronger and 240gr lighter swignarm. They also steepened up the geometry to make climbing even better than it already was without harming descending characteristics.

Rear wheel travel has been increased to 138mm (previously it was 132mm on the small and medium frames and 136mm on the large and XL) and best of all the front derailleur has been shifted to the main triangle, previously it was on the swingarm. Cable routing has also been improved and the mud magnet that was the last section of outer leading to the front derailleur has been done away with.

Yes it still has stainless steel pinch bolts at the main pivot location (never strip a bolt again) and the bearing sleeves remain stainless steel as well to make service a breeze.

Best part is these bikes start complete at $2499cdn. Not bad for a fully hydroformed frame and new lighter swingarm!

Meta 4:

The Meta 4 also gets the the 250gr lighter swingarm making it a real contender for those who love to rip up or race the XC trails. Some minor spec changes but pricing stays the same!

Meta 666

The reason for the Meta666 is simple: The team demanded it. Commencal are big into Mega Avalanche type events (Remy Absolon has won many of them along with Anne Caroline Chausson). Typically the riders took their Supreme6's to the races, but more and more the courses were getting more pedal than gravity assisted, so a few started riding Meta5. What they really wanted was a bike with Supreme6 travel but Meta handling. Enter the meta666.

The swingarm is the same as the rest of the Meta range, the front triangle is similar with the inclusion of the Supreme adjustable head angle sleeve (except on the XL 666, the head tube was too long for it!) but the linkages are bigger, to get the extra travel out back. The bike also sits a little higher than the Meta5.

For 08 Commencal will be producing 2 complete Meta666 bikes and one frame.

Supreme/MiniDH:

Little has changed for 2008 (except for the addition of a small person/kid friendly 24” version)and why should it, if it ain’t broke don’t fix it. With a maxle rear end, adjustable headangle and exceptionally well climbing platform, this is the best option for those riding alpine parks all around the world (whistler anyone??)

The one big plus in the Supreme range is the 24” version, with its lower standover and shorter wheelbase this is built for smaller people or kids looking to go riding with mom, dad or big brothers and sisters. It will also be very affordable to make that transition easier on the wallet try $2399cdn

Supreme DH:

For 2008 the DH sled gets 1 major improvement, an E-13 LG chainguide designed by Cedric and his mechanics. With a couple minor spec changes the team bike will be 40lbs out of the box. There will also be a fresh coat of ghostbuster slime green paint and super slippery stanchions on the 888’s from Marzocchi.

Supreme DH Team

The Supreme DH regular model will still boast the same frame and chainguide system with some different specs but the good news is the price is down to just over $4k complete. Not bad for a 41.5 lb race bike!

Furious

The Furious is their new slopestyle, bike park, larking about in the woods bike. With the Furious it's not about the suspension action or the amount of travel. it's about the right geometry, being supremely balanced and strong enough to take everything the worlds best can throw at it.

The head angle is slack (and 1.5"), the seat angle nice and steep and the wheel base short. The bike is low: Both the long and short is only 15" C2C and it rides like a BMX with suspension. Cedric personally told me that “he has never had this kind of input into a bike in his life and he can’t imagine a better handling bike for its purpose”, that’s enough for me!

83mm bottom bracket shell and 150mm rear wheel spacing complete the over built spec. The frame has been 2 years in the making, and it's shows, everything is just right and to coin a phrase, it just works.

Absolut:

The Absolut range is coming off a hugely successful year, the Absolut 1, 2 and Cromo versions are priced for everyone to afford. And yes these frames are super bling, whether it’s the horizontal/vertical dropouts, adjustable rear disc tabs, hydroformed downtubes, box rear stays or the tri-weld of top tube, down tube and seat stay, this bad boy is ready for DJ, Street and park abuse.

Yes the Absolut 4X frame will be available, along with the Meta 4X both only in frame only and both will still feature the adjustable headangle sleeves.

Ti-2:

Yes a fully butted Ti frame is a rumour for 2008, limited world wide production of 50-100 are anticipated, these were something that lots of people were eyeing intently, and not these are Chinese/Russian ti, this is the fully butted high end crap!

Source: Peter Appleton, Commencal Canada

2. Downcycles

Downcycles Novato

Me Gusta recibidos:
    ami la gama de commençal que mas me gusta es la del 2006

3. pinillaBiker

pinillaBiker zierzo riders!

Me Gusta recibidos:
    rodrigo gracias que estas por aqui por el foro para podernos enterar de tods...buaa como me pone la dh team...

4. rodrigodh

rodrigodh Miembro activo

Me Gusta recibidos:
    a mi me encanta la supreme dh y la maxmax q vere si puedo cogerla el año q viene he ir mejorandola poco a poco, ya q aca en zaragoza una rigida es bastante util... y pa las salidas la DH!!!

En la supreme dh 08 le han puesto una nueva guia e13 diseñada por cedric y sus mecanicos especialmente para ellos .. la E-13 LG

5. God freerider

God freerider Ortega

Me Gusta recibidos:
    *****, rodrigo tio k bien nos informas!! gracias!!!!!!!!!

la 24" :babas y la team puf me pone cachondo....

6. Daniel999

Daniel999 Novato

Me Gusta recibidos:
    **** no se que pasa que solo puedo ver una foto!!!
    me puedes decir o dar el link porfavor rodrigodh
    gracias

7. FranGork

FranGork Miembro

Me Gusta recibidos:
    La Furious se sale que guapa que es!!!!!!!

8. Rapier

Rapier Moderador Malote

Me Gusta recibidos:
    qué recorrido tiene la supreme dH?

9. AmnesiaX

AmnesiaX senior de los anillos

Me Gusta recibidos:
    Strava:
    esto es amor a primera vista¡¡¡
    [​IMG]

10. bocasecaman

bocasecaman Novato

Me Gusta recibidos:
    La supreme team DH y la seupreme DH parecen las mismas del año pasao... no? supongo q variaran en alguna medida.... pero eso si estan wapisimas, las commencal para mi tienen una gran relacion calidad precio un 10 para esta marca :bravo

11. Resta

Resta Miembro

Me Gusta recibidos:
    ***** que color mas feo le han puesto a la 6.2, parece un anuncio de Licor del polo

12. beto_91

beto_91 T.R.T.

Me Gusta recibidos:
    Strava:
    La que lleva cedric gracia desde hace meses era la del 2008 o la del 2007 pintada?

13. plata_2

plata_2 Miembro

Me Gusta recibidos:
    Buahh, es guapisima la verde
    DW

14. Pau_Free_DH

Pau_Free_DH MegaFreeXX

Me Gusta recibidos:
    Strava:
    fijaos en la pieza k une las bieletas kon el baskulante, es nueva

K diferencia hay entre el e 13 este y el otro de identika forma k se vende?

15. iceman_chemita

iceman_chemita jose manuel

Me Gusta recibidos:
    para mi gusto mucho mas bonita esta gama que por ejemplo la de kona

saludos

16. Samuel Martin

Samuel Martin GREENPEACE

Me Gusta recibidos:
    a mi ese verde, me encanta

17. chica_freeride

chica_freeride ★ MiRiaM ★

Me Gusta recibidos:
    no termino de acostumbrarme a las nuevas marzocchi, pero quedan de miedo

18. angry-fish

angry-fish Novato

Me Gusta recibidos:
    para gsuatos los colores... xo a mi no me gusta ninguna... ,me molan más las de 2007 y 2006

19. rompepiedras

rompepiedras Novato

Me Gusta recibidos:
    k horquilla y amortiguador lleva la suprem de mostoles dh?

20. Joe Kid

Joe Kid Bicivolador

Me Gusta recibidos:
    Imresionante! Esta marca crece cada año. El espíritu de Sunn sigue vivo. Se nota que Max es el que está ahí detrás (junto con los antiguos ingenieros de Sunn)

Compartir esta página