DH in Granada and Malaga

Tema en 'Foreign Bikers' iniciado por phutphutend, 15 Oct 2007.

1. phutphutend

phutphutend Novato

Me Gusta recibidos:
    Hullo,

I posted a message recently after riders in the Sevilla area......But no luck. So i'm gonna have to just drive a bit further. I know about the Benalmedana chairlift and will try and get there soon.

But last weekend i was in Granada and saw loads of trails. The riding looks amzing but i just don't know where to start, and don't really fancy pedalling up the hills too much. Is there anybody out there who lives in or near Granada who could show me around??

Cheers, Joe.

2. Irishbiker

Irishbiker Novato

Me Gusta recibidos:
  3. Rapier

Rapier Moderador Malote

Me Gusta recibidos:
    Benalmádena it´s a very nice place to make DH sessions. A lot of people there and three diferent circuits to practice.

4. phutphutend

phutphutend Novato

Me Gusta recibidos:
    Irishbiker, I'm off to Switchbacks tomorrow for some riding. The DH is not up and running, some guides are injured, but i'm gonna get some good descents anyway i think. Thanks for the advice.

Rapier, perhaps i'll try and get to Benalmadena next week. Is there anyone there during the week?

5. Irishbiker

Irishbiker Novato

Me Gusta recibidos:
    Hi Phut,

will you post and let us know what you thought about switchbacks as we may take a weekend down in Granada at some stage, but not sure which company to go with as yet. Cheers.

6. Abelblanquita9.2

Abelblanquita9.2 Bajando mas que subiendo.

Me Gusta recibidos:
  7. ex patriot 66

ex patriot 66 orange wapo wapo

Me Gusta recibidos:
    Hi Jim, did you get to drive down to Benalmadena the other week , if so how did you get on , would be interested in a trip upto switchbacks after xmas ,I will be to busy with the bar before then .
    Hasta luego Lee

8. zurraspa

zurraspa Miembro activo

Me Gusta recibidos:
    ex patriot! Do you remember the guy with the ironhorse sunday a few months ago in Mijas and telecabina, that's me!. Maybe we can meet any other day up here in mijas. Send me a private message in case you want to come !

9. phutphutend

phutphutend Novato

Me Gusta recibidos:
    I got across to Switchbacks the other week and it was excellent. The trails are kinda like the Welsh trail centres but much more technical and long. I'm gonna try and get back as soon as possible.

You could do the riding on a DH bike but there's quite a lot of uphills so you'd have to be super fit (probably taking some kinda drugs like the roadies). Much better on a 5"-6" bike. Later in the year though there gonna run some fully uplifted weeks. Some of this is at Malaga but also some trails in the Sierra Nevada.

Lee, I never made it to Malaga the other week. I got all packed up, got into the van ready to set off but then heard a noise....meaaaooww. A bloody kitten had taken up residence in my engine! I couldn't get it out at all, and felt a bit cruel just driving off with it stuck there. So in the end i had to give up. I might try and get there this or next week though.

Thinking of bringing the DH bike out after Christmas. Sounds like the riding is starting to sort itself out. Cheers all for the advice and help!

10. phutphutend

phutphutend Novato

Me Gusta recibidos:
    Peeps,

made it out to telecabinas last Friday. After all the English tourists had buggered off, it was pretty quick to get up and down.

The tracks are pretty good there's one easy, fast and fun track. The main rocky track, which had me down a couple of times, better get some better armour, it's pretty spikey rocky! And the line of big jumps, which i found really hard to get enough speed to hit!

Also, i'm goign to try to get back to Switch-backs in two weeks, 8th and 9th if anyone fancies. Good riding to be had!

Hasta luego, Joe.

Compartir esta página