Ellsworth Rogue 60 ( con disco de 200 detrás :) )

Tema en 'Enduro' iniciado por silvesterbike, 1 Dic 2016.

1. SitoPmi

SitoPmi TrekBoy

Me Gusta recibidos:
    Esa horquilla tiene que ser cremita

2. silvesterbike

silvesterbike bikercillo de poca monta

Me Gusta recibidos:
    ya tenemos respuesta respecto a la relación Ellsworth & Magura

These days with so many different third market companies, it is hard to make everything available to fit on our frames with too many companies doing their own thing and not paying attention to any industry standard package. FOX and SHIMANO for example, publish the “package” or “shape” of their new products, up to two years in advance, so we can design frames for their products. Magura makes a good product, but we cannot guess what their “package” or “shape” of their products are years in advance when we are designing our frames without them telling us what their package is and how far off from industry standard it will be. We go to extensive effort to design our frames to be compatible with other companies products, that make their packages available to us.

Please continue to send your feedback of your experience, it is greatly appreciated and let me know if there is anything else I can do for you!

sbk

3. silvesterbike

Me Gusta recibidos:
    pues ayer paso por báscula y prueba de parquing.
    la linea de cadena
    tengo que ajustar el guiacadenas con unas arandelas más finas para que quede más hacia dentro.
    20170222_203324.jpg

y aquí un primer montaje con las DT spl1700 y piñonera XT que con pedales queda en 13kg justos, con el montaje definitivo rondará los 12,7Kg
    20170222_205412.jpg

sbk

• Me Gusta Me Gusta x 5
  4. chirigotero

chirigotero Miembro Reconocido

Me Gusta recibidos:
    en la parte de la cadena se ve que puede llegar a rozar , pero si lo corriges de delante ,no te rozará en la parte trasera?

5. SitoPmi

SitoPmi TrekBoy

Me Gusta recibidos:
    Esa tija de cuento es? 170 ? Quítale el guia jombre que con un plato con los dientes de ahora no hace falta.

6. silvesterbike

Me Gusta recibidos:
    es lo que quiero acabar de ajustar, hay tres medidas de arandelas y están puestas las gordas, probaré las medianas
    gracias

sbk

7. silvesterbike

Me Gusta recibidos:
    170 edición especial para awelos con vértigo

• Me Gusta Me Gusta x 1
  8. chirigotero

chirigotero Miembro Reconocido

Me Gusta recibidos:
    una pasada de bici, seguro que la vas a disfrutar a tope

• Me Gusta Me Gusta x 1
  9. moriscos

moriscos Miembro Reconocido

Me Gusta recibidos:
    A mi se me ha salido la cadena (Garbaruk de 28 + E13 9-44) y llevo el guía porque mi cuadro es de carbono.
    Yo no lo quitaría

• Me Gusta Me Gusta x 1
  10. El Juanma

El Juanma Miembro Reconocido

Me Gusta recibidos:
    Qué preciosidad, vivan las bicis diferentes!

• Me Gusta Me Gusta x 1
  11. Diesel

Diesel Maestro Diesel

Me Gusta recibidos:
    Menudo buque!
    En la foto parece muy larga.

12. silvesterbike

Me Gusta recibidos:
    ya echaremos un rato y la pruebas

13. silvesterbike

Me Gusta recibidos:
    unos datos de varias bicis para comparar medidas que me ayudó a elegir la Rogue
    medidas.jpg

sbk

• Me Gusta Me Gusta x 2
  14. silvesterbike

Me Gusta recibidos:
    artículo de la semana pasada en mtbr
    página 1
    Ellsworth Rogue Sixty review

Enudro ready 27.5 battleship with 160mm of well-tuned suspension
    By Jason Sumner February 24, 2017 27.5 ENDURO
    [​IMG]
    High speed chunder is the Rogue Sixty’s happy place. This is a true point-and-shoot enduro weapon.

Lowdown: Ellsworth Rogue Sixty
    For a quarter century, Ellsworth has been making high-performance mountain bikes for the masses. Along the way, the company has endured its share of ups and downs, at one point enjoying a cult-like following with all manner of mountain bikers, but more recently suffering though a spate of customer complaints that saw the brand fall out of favor.

[​IMG]
    Meet the Ellsworth Rogue Sixty. Our size XL tester weighed in at 30.6 pounds and retails for $6500 with a Shimano XT drivetrain and Fox Factory Series suspension.

But following the most recent change in ownership, which has allowed namesake Tony Ellsworth to return his focus to bike design rather than day-to-day business, it appears Ellsworth has righted the ship. In 2016, they launched a pair of modern-looking mountain bikes, the trail oriented Rogue Forty and the enduro race ready Rogue Sixty.

[​IMG]
    The Rogue Sixty is a surprisingly nimble climber, thanks in large part to its 74-degree seat tube angle.

Mtbr spent the last couple months testing the longer travel offering. Keep reading to see how things went — and be sure to check out page 2 of this post for an exclusive Q&A with the Ellsworth brain trust. First though here’s a rundown of parts spec on our test bike, plus our review rating, and pluses and minuses.

Pluses
    Minuses

• Long, low and slack geo
    • Finicky dropper post
    • Boost spacing
    • Slightly mushy shifting
    • Claws up techy terrain
    • Must work to lift front wheel
    • Planted front wheel on ups
    • Not exceptionally nimble
    • Supportive pedaling platform
    • Wide rocker link
    • Stable in straight line chunder
    • Could use wider tires
    • Buttery Fox suspension
    • 1x only frame
    • Rowdy enduro race ready
    • Tool needed to remove rear wheel
    • Wide bars/short stem spec
    • Occasional pedal strikes
    • Stiff rear end
    • Rear can hang up at slow speeds
    • English threaded 73mm BB
    • No size Small frame yet
    • Stainless steel shock hardware
    • Occasional chain slap
    • Rocker link’s look (if that’s your thing)
    • Rocker link’s look (if not your thing)
    • Reasonable weight for big bike
    • Old school carbon weave aesthetic
    • Easy internal cable routing
    • No internal cable rattle
    • Will accommodate Di2 shifting
    • Large pivot hardware less likely to strip
    • Chainstay and downtube/BB protection

Review: Ellsworth Rogue Sixty
    Besides the lengthy bullet point lists above, the most important thing I can tell you about the new Ellsworth Rogue Sixty is that it is just what you’d expect from a 160mm travel bike. This is a big bike meant for aggressive riding, and it needs to be ridden aggressively to fully realize its potential. Honestly, I think it’s more bike than most mountain bikers need. But I’d say the same thing for all the other longer travel “enduro” rigs on the market. But if your tendencies lean toward truly rowdy riding and even a little bike park action, your interest should be piqued.

If, however, you’re actually in the market for a trail bike with equal uphill and downhill capabilities, best give a closer look to the Rogue Forty or one of the many other capable 140mm bikes that have flooded the market in recent years. That is not to say the Rogue Sixty can’t go uphill. On the contrary, one of this bike’s biggest surprises was its ability to claw up techy terrain. Thanks primarily to the frame’s 74-degree seat tube angle, slow-speed seated climbing was not the expected exercise in front wheel stabilization. Instead the front end was fairly well mannered, tracking precisely up and over a variety of step-ups and chunky rock problems. You can definitely ride this bike all day without the aid of a chairlift or shuttle vehicle.

[​IMG]
    Though not the world’s most playful bike, the stubby chainstays mean it’s easy to snap the rear end around tight turns.

What this near 31-pounder doesn’t like so much is out-of-the-saddle climbing, which activated a fair amount of suspension bob even when the custom tuned Fox Float X Factory 160mm rear shock was in its firmest setting. But again, you’re not buying this bike to chase KoMs. It’s for smashing downhill at reckless speed, thus the 66-degree head angle and burly Fox 36 fork up front.

In straight line attack mode, the Rogue Sixty is supremely confidence inspiring, forgiving all manner of mistakes and encouraging its pilot to push for more and more speed. Indeed, with its well-executed anti-squat properties, you can actually pedal through rough sections that you might normally coast. This is thanks to what Ellsworth calls AEES (Active Energy Efficient Suspension), which aims to provide a supported base while pedaling but remain active for traction. Just remember to keep a sharp eye out for sleeper rocks, as the 13.74” BB height is well within the window for pedal strikes. Get your line right, though, and the back end sucks up all manner of hits, allowing you to maintain and even increase speed through the chunderest of chunder.

[​IMG]
    The Ellsworth Active Energy Efficient Suspension (or AEES) aims to provide a supported base while pedaling, but remain active for traction.

This steadiness at speed is further enhanced by the bike’s long’ish wheelbase. Our size XL was a rangy 1241mm long, including a generous 490mm reach. This yielded battleship-caliber stability, but also made getting the front wheel off the ground a little tougher. Despite the stubby 420mm chainstays, playful or poppy just aren’t words I would use to describe this bike. It’s almost as though the bike says to rider, “I don’t have time to mess around with such frivolous endeavors. I want to go fast and that’s it.”

But while it wasn’t a manual machine, the Rogue Sixty did a solid job of whipping in and out of corners, the short rear end allowing the back wheel to zip out of bermed turns without extra effort or encouragement. The bike is also 2-by-4 stiff thanks in part to its alloy chainstays, oversized pivot hardware, and boost hub spacing front and rear.

[​IMG]
    This bike is most comfortable on rowdy terrain, the steeper the better.

Of course, no Ellsworth bike review would be complete without at least mention of the rocker link, which in this case is sculpted aluminum that’s billet machined in Vancouver, Washington. I’m on the fence about the look. On the one hand it’s a truly beautiful piece of metal. On the other hand I question whether its look is up to date by modern mountain bike standards. But at the end of the day, beauty is in the eye of the beholder. What I will say is that on several occasions I managed to knock my knees against this wider-than-usual rocker link. This was remedied by scooching the WTB Volt saddle forward a bit, but remains something you should definitely be aware of.

Component Conversation
    For the most part, the spec on this bike was just what you’d expect from a $6500 machine, reliable, consistent, durable. Special props to the wide bar/short stem combo, plush Fox suspension, and stiff DT Swiss M1700 wheels. Shimano XT braking was also smooth, predictable and evenly modulated.

Conversely, while I’m a fan of Maxxis High Roller II rubber, the stock 2.3 tires felt a little narrow for a bike with this much horsepower. Instead I’d love to see a slightly wider rim (say 28-30mm) paired with one of Maxxis’ new 2.6 offerings. I also wasn’t a huge fan of the Shimano 11-46 cassette. That last jump is just so big, and shifting was a little sluggish at times. The later issue might have been due to the fact that our test bike definitely had some miles on it before reaching Mtbr’s Colorado HQ. Presumably a brand new bike and drivetrain will deliver crisper shifting performance. But either way the long chain paired with a standard length rear derailleur cage means a little extra chain slap. Thankfully, the Rogue Sixty comes stock with a chainstay protector (and noise deadener).

[​IMG]
    Up front are a boosted 160mm Fox Factory Series 36 fork and Maxxis High Roller II 27.5×2.3 tires. Obviously you could go a little wider.

Lastly, I have to take issue with the quirky nature of the Race Face Turbine dropper post, which had occasional bouts of won’t-stay-down’itis. This could usually be solved with cable tension adjustment, but that often also meant a little unwanted play at the lever.

Bottom Line
    Based on our experience, deciding whether or not to seriously consider buying the Ellsworth Rogue Sixty all comes down to intended use. If your cycling season goals consist of serious enduro racing, or you’re looking for a rig that can bridge the gap between rowdy backcountry adventures and the occasional bike park or shuttle day, make sure this bike is on your test ride list. It’s a terror at speed, is superb at maintaining traction, and climbs better than you’d expect. But if your riding pursuits are more balanced between ups and downs, and you want a super playful bike, something a little shorter in both travel and wheelbase will likely be a better option.

[​IMG]
    Race Face handles cockpit duties with Atlas 780mm bars held by a Turbine 35mm stem.

For more on the suspension technology that drives this bike, check out this Interbike video featuring Tony Ellsworth himself. And be sure to click over to page 2 for an extended Q&A with the Ellsworth design team.

Continue to page 2 for a Q&A interview with the deisgners of this unique bike »

15. silvesterbike

Me Gusta recibidos:
    página 2 entrevista con el jefe

[​IMG]
    Much of our testing was done on the always challenging Sidewinder Trail just outside of Montrose, Colorado.

During testing Mtbr reached out to the Ellsworth team with a handful of questions. Here are their key responses courtesy of engineer Joey Stoddard and product development manager Andre Pepin.

Mtbr: How does the Rogue Sixty’s 4-bar linkage differ from other 4-bar bikes on the market? What is specifically unique about the design and how does it affect the ride?
    Ellsworth: Whether you are bombing downhill or pedaling up, our tried and true Active Energy Efficient Suspension (AEES), previously known as ICT, revolves around maximizing efficiency and suspension activity throughout the travel. This creates a very neutral handling bike that exhibits minimal feedback to the rider and able to deliver subtle bump absorption just as well as the big bumps. We achieve this with two main design goals.

First, we maximize the amount of pedal force moving through the rear linkage’s instant center. The instant center is the virtual point that the suspension is rotating around at any given point in the travel. The idea here is that you are keeping any applied chain forces in the same direction as the suspension forces, thus optimizing the efficiency of the linkage both with and without a pedal load applied.

[​IMG]
    The rocker link is highly sculpted aluminum that’s billet machined in Vancouver, Washington.

Second, we minimize pedal kickback. Pedal kickback is the backwards rotation of the crank arm due to the suspension being compressed. If you have high amounts of pedal kickback, you are essentially fighting your suspension during technical climbs and getting beaten up on rough, chattery descents. Minimal pedal kickback means minimal rider feedback, which means minimal rider fatigue.

Mtbr: What’s the rationale behind the sculpted linkage? Why not use a more traditionally shaped piece?
    Ellsworth: In the past, Ellsworth has caught flack for linkages that “look way too 90s” and “have rockers that are two miles long,” to quote some of the nicer ones. The goal with the Rogue project was to design the AEES linkage into a much more compact, svelte package, while keeping the performance benefits of the original ICT design. With a clean slate, we worked to come up with the new look for the brand, and subsequently the rocker link. After countless napkin sketches, solid models, FEA analysis, more napkin sketches, more solid models, and more FEA analysis, we came up with a rocker design that was lightweight, stiff, and had the edgy look that we were going for. Plus, when you have your rockers billet machined in Vancouver, Washington, the sky’s the limit as far as design goes.

[​IMG]
    Rear axle removal requires a 5mm Allen, but its hex taper shape is claimed to increase overall stiffness.

Mtbr: What benefits is Ellsworth driving for by making the chainstays so short and the reach so long?
    Ellsworth: Based on personal riding experience and analysis of rider feedback on countless bikes in various conditions, we found three things. No. 1, a short chainstay makes for a more nimble and playful feeling ride. Short chain stays are beneficial in technical climbing scenarios, as well as in tight switchback. The short chainstay also makes the bike want to pop off of even the smallest of rocks, roots, or small lips on the trail for quick line changes. Think dirt jumper.

Second, a bike with a long wheelbase, and gobs of reach feels very stable and comfortable through fast, rough, chattery descents. Think DH bike. And third, a bike with a short top tube, with the rider more forward over the bars is very nimble, and is effortless to control on seated technical climbs. Think XC rocket.

With this knowledge, we set out to design a bike with short chainstays for snappy handling, increased reach to keep the wheelbase at a stable length and for a roomier feel on the descents when the saddle is dropped, and a steep seat tube angle to get the rider over the front of the bike for better seated climbing control. Basically, with the new Rogue bikes, we did our best to create our version of a quiver killer.

[​IMG]
    The Rogue platform is 1x only, which in this day of wide-range drivetrain systems makes perfect sense for most riders.

Mtbr: Why 1x only?
    Ellsworth: For all mountain and enduro riding we felt the 1x drive train was on point for market preference.

Mtbr: Given some of the company’s past hurdles, talk about the importance of success for this new platform.
    Ellsworth: When we kicked off the design for this new platform we wanted it to be a bold statement; one that redefines the 25-year legacy of Ellsworth and brings to the market a new bike and overall vibe that breaks the mold and re-opens interest in the Ellsworth brand. However, we wanted to stay true to our core AEES suspension which is the real differentiator of our bikes. Ultimately, our success is measured by the smiles and positive feedback that we get from owners of our bikes. That is our mantra to keep looking ahead and designing great bikes.

Mtbr: What kind of rider do you see this bike best suited for?
    Ellsworth: This bike is aimed at riders who are looking for a bike that is capable of lift served riding and enduro racing, but is also lightweight and efficient enough to pedal on all day excursions in the backcountry or just for a rip on some local trails. To us, a Rogue rider is someone who goes against the grain, looking for undiscovered lines, riding in seldom traveled places, actually earning their descents.

[​IMG]
    This is definitely a bike you can drag deep into the backcountry one day, and take to the bike park the next.

Mtbr: What’s the advantage of this bike over the Rogue 40? And vice versa?
    Ellsworth: Really the difference here is rider preference. The 160mm version will be a touch heavier, and a bit less snappy than the 140mm version, but will soak up big impacts and plow through rougher bits of trail with more composure than the 140mm. If you like to charge rock gardens, huck to flat, boost anything in sight, and don’t like to touch your brakes, then the Rogue 60 is for you. If you like to pick exact lines and quickly change direction, tackle short punchy climbs and slay tight singletrack, then steer towards the Rogue 40.

For more info please visit www.ellsworthbikes.com.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    sbk

16. silvesterbike

Me Gusta recibidos:
    hoy primer test, confirmado, mucho trigo pa tan poco pollo

• Me Gusta Me Gusta x 2
  17. Diesel

Diesel Maestro Diesel

Me Gusta recibidos:
    Te has venido arriba, eh?

• Me Gusta Me Gusta x 1
  18. silvesterbike

Me Gusta recibidos:
    A pesar de tener más miedo que siete viejas, no va mal la cosa.
    muy cómoda subiendo, la postura es ideal y ese sillín es una bendición
    comparando con la Bronson hay que echar bastante el cuerpo hacia delante para trazar, no hay que trialear mucho porque no hay tiempo y el culo atrás prácticamente no es necesario, salvo trancos chiripititrancos

un par de fotos de la toma de contacto de un par de horas de ayer
    dep1.jpg

dep2.jpg

sbk

• Me Gusta Me Gusta x 4
    Última edición: 1 Mar 2017
  19. UR_KO

UR_KO Miembro activo

Me Gusta recibidos:
    Atras entonces no se le puede poner más disco de 160?

20. silvesterbike

Me Gusta recibidos:
    . Pregunto a ver si con Shimano lo permite

sbk

Última edición: 17 Sep 2017

Compartir esta página