Entrevista Valverde

Tema en 'General' iniciado por alfus, 14 Jun 2006.

1. alfus

alfus Baneado

Me Gusta recibidos:
    An interview with Alejandro Valverde, June 13, 2006
    Up for a challenge
    It's been another year of firsts so far in 2006 for Caisse d'Epargne-Iles Balears rider Alejandro Valverde, the highlight being wins in both La Flèche Wallonne and Liége-Bastogne-Liége. With wins at the Tour de Romandie and Vuelta al Pais Vasco to his credit, his next challenge is the Tour de France. Cyclingnews' European Editor, Tim Maloney, grabbed a few minutes with 'the green bullet' after his spring triumphs.

Valverde, who turned 26 at the end of April, isn't a stranger to success at the highest level, having won two stages and third overall at the 2003 Vuelta a España and taking a world championships silver medal that same year in Hamilton, Canada. He secured a spectacular stage 10 win ahead of Lance Armstrong before abandoning the 2005 Tour de France, and went on to finish his season with another world's silver medal on home turf in Madrid, Spain.

In 2006, Valverde has been on fire, with a stage win and second overall in the Vuelta al Pais Vasco, a superb spring double with victory in La Flèche Wallonne and Liége-Bastogne-Liége, both of which catapulted him into the lead of the Pro Tour standings. He then won stage 4 of the Tour de Romandie and took third overall before completing a successful campaign at the 58th edition of Critérium du Dauphiné Libéré, where he was second on Stage 6 from Briançon to La Toussuire, a respectable ninth in the Stage 3 ITT, all of which helped him finish a solid seventh on GC.

With three weeks to go before the Tour de France, the modest yet confident Spaniard is clearly ready for the challenge of being a contender in la Grande Boucle.

Cyclingnews: With all your success this year, do you still like to talk to the media?

Alejandro Valverde: Sure, I like to, but there is a lot of media after me now...one after the other. So it's kind of tough to deal with when there's always more.

CN: Your wins in Fleche Wallonne and Liege-Bastogne-Liege in April - has it sunk in what you achieved?

AV: Oh, I realise that it was very important and I had already had a good experience last year at both races, so I knew before that I really liked these races and wanted to do well.

CN: Were you specifically targeting those races?

AV: Not really. Nothing special...above all, I was just riding a lot and doing my usual preparation. Just training rides of six or seven hours a day.

CN: I've heard that you do not train using a heart rate monitor or SRM. Is that true?

AV: Before this season I didn't but now I do use them. With these [tools], it's possible to train better.

CN: The Tour de France starts in about one month. How are your preparations proceeding?

AV: I started a hard training block a few weeks ago, then before the Dauphiné Libéré, I went to see some of the Tour stages in the Alps with some teammates, like l'Alpe d'Huez. That was very important for me. And after the Dauphiné Libéré, I'll go to Sierra Nevada with some teammates for some training at altitude before the Tour starts.

CN: Are you doing other specific preparation, like for the time trial?

AV: Yes, I have a great new Pinarello time trial bike; it's really light. And I keep a time trial bike at home and I'm doing specific TT training twice a week - I think it's really good for me.

CN: At last year's Tour de France you had a disappointing finish, abandoning after Stage 12 when you were fifth on GC and leading the young rider classification. What are your goals this year?

AV: Above all, I want to be 'tranquillo' [relaxed], ride without a lot of pressure on me and to learn how to ride well in a three-week tour. Last year I was there for a shorter time - 13 days - and I didn't have the experience of the last week. So this year, I would like to finish the Tour de France in the first five on GC and maybe win another mountain stage.

CN: Who do you think will be the favorites to win the Tour this year?

AV: Well, Ivan Basso and Jan Ullrich, with Vinokourov, Mancebo and Popovych in there too.

CN: At Caisse d'Epargne, you have a strong team, with riders like Karpets?

AV: Oh I think we'll have a strong team for the Tour de France, with Karpets, Pereiro, Zaballa, Arroyo, Chente (Garcia). Chente has a lot of experience in the Tour and he's like our road captain, always keeping an eye out for what's happening. [We have] a strong team with me and Karpets both for the general classification.

CN: I heard you have a strong bond with your team director Eusebio Unzue, whom you raced for when you were on the amateur Banesto team. What has Unzue told you about the coming challenge of the Tour de France?

AV: He tells me above all to be relaxed, 'tranquillo', to have a good Tour but without pressure. Because I have a lot of years ahead of me to do well in the Tour. The first thing this year is to learn, to go day by day and go through the entire three weeks as relaxed as possible. So if I come in the top 10, it's good. Eighth, that's fine. I think that without a lot of pressure on me, I can concentrate on riding my best race.

CN: And at 26 years of age, you could have another ten Tours de France ahead of you.

AV: That's true...for the Tour, to start to be competitive there, a rider is 26 or 27 years old - to have the strength to ride hard for three weeks.

2. Darkness007

Darkness007 Volando raso

Me Gusta recibidos:
    *****, el tio es un máquina.

Esta misma mañana lo he visto que iba entrenando por Murcia.

Espero que tenga mucha suerte en el Tour y si hace podio, espero estaren Paris para verlo.

Saludos

3. kimiraikkonen

kimiraikkonen mirandaHD.es

Me Gusta recibidos:
    buff no esta en Español

4. alfus

alfus Baneado

Me Gusta recibidos:

anda anda q tampoco es para tanto...con un nivel basico(como el q desgraciadamnete se enseña en España)se entiende de sobra..

5. kimiraikkonen

kimiraikkonen mirandaHD.es

Me Gusta recibidos:
    jejejej ya lo se q te lo decia de coña dice cosas interesantes

6. beatnik_

beatnik_ Baneado

Me Gusta recibidos:
    Una entrevista con Valverde. Junio 13 2006

Listo para el reto

Ha transcurrido otro año para el corredor de Caisse Depargne, lo mas destacado ha sido ganar Flecha Valona y Lieja. Con victorias en Tour de Romandia y Pais vasco, su proximo reto es el Tour. Tim Maloney editor europeo de Cycling News, grabo unos pocos minutos con la bala verde después de sus triunfos en primavera.

Valverde, quien cumplira 26 años al final de Abril, no es un extraño triunfador en el mas alto nivel, habiendo ganado 2 etapas y siendo 3 en la general de la vuelta 2003, y habiendo ganado la plata en el mundial de Hamilton Canada, se aseguro la victoria en la espectacular etapa 10 venciendo a Lance antes de abandonar el tour del 2005, y finalizo la temporada con otra plata en Madrid.

En 2006 Valverde ha estado brillante, con una etapa ganada y segundo en la general del Pais Vasco, y una excelente doble victorya en Flecha y Lieja, que le han catapultado al liderato del ProTour. Luego gano la 4 etapa del Tour de Romandia y fue tercero en la general, antes de completar una exitosa participación en Dauphine, donde fue 2º en la etapa 6 de Briancon a la Toussuire, un respetable noveno puesto en la crono, le ayudo a ser 7º en la general.

Con 3 semanas para el inicio del Tour, el aun modesto español, esta preparado para el reto de ser aspirante en la Grand Boucle

Cyclingnews: Con todo el exito de este año, aun te apetece hablar con los medios

AV: Si, me gusta, pero hay muchos medios detras de mi, uno tras otro. Asi que es duro tratar con todos cuando hay muchos

CN: Tus victorias en Flecha y Lieja en abril, has pensado en lo que has conseguido?

AV: Oh, me di cuenta que fue muy importante, y tambien tuve una buena experiencia el año pasado en ambas, asi que ya sabia que me gustaban y queria hacerlo bien.

CN: Entrenaste especificamente para estas carreras?

AV: En realidad no, nada especial. Solo entrenaba mucho y hacia mi preparación habitual. Entrenando 6-7 horas al dia.

CN: He oido que entrenas sin pulsometro ni medidor de watios SRM. Es cierto?

AV: Antes de esta temporada no, pero ahora los uso. Con estas herramientas, es posible entrenar mejor.

CN: El Tour empieza en un mes. Como llevas la preparación?

AV: Empece un bloque de entrenamiento duro, hace unas semanas, antes de la Dauphine. Fui a ver algunas de las etapas de los Alpes con los compañeros, como Alpe d´Huez. Fue muy importante para mi. Y después de la Dauphine, ire a Sierra Nevada para un entrenamiento en altitud antes del comienzo del Tour.

CN: Estas haciendo otra preparacion especifica, como la crono?

AV: Si, tengo una nueva bici Pinarello de crono, que es realmente ligera. Y conservo una bici de crono en casa y hago entrenamiento de crono dos veces a la semana. Pienso que me viene bien.

CN: En el Tour del año pasado tuviste un final decepcionante, abandonando después de la etapa 12 cuando eras quinto en la general, y liderabas la clasificacion de jóvenes. Cuales son tus metas este año?

AV: Sobre todo, quiero estar tranquilo, correr sin presion y aprender como correr una carrera de 3 semanas. El año pasado estuve alli poco tiempo 13 dias, y no tuve la experiencia de la ultima semana. Asi que este año, me gustaria terminar el Tour entre los 5 primeros y ganar otra etapa de montaña.

CN: Quienes piensas que seran los favoritos para ganar el Tour este año?

AV: Bien, Basso y Ullrich, con Vino, Mancebo y Popovych tambien.

CN: En Caisse d’Epargne, teneis un equipo fuerte, con corredores como Karpets?

AV: Oh, pienso que tendremos un equipo fuerte para el Tour, con Karpets, Pereiro Zaballa Arroyo , Chente. Chente tiene mucha experiencia en el Tour y es nuestro capitan en la carretera, siempre echando un ojo a lo que pasa. Tenemos un equipo fuerte conmigo y Karpets para la general.

CN: He oido que te une un fuerte vinculo con tu director Eusebio, con el que corriste cuando eras corredor del Banesto amateur. Que te ha contado Unzue sobre tu proximo reto en el Tour?

AV: Me ha dicho que sobre todo este tranquilo, hacer un buen Tour sin presion. Porque tengo muchos años por delante para hacerlo bien en el Tour. Lo primero este año es aprender, ir dia a dia y pasar las 3 semanas lo mas relajado posible. Si acabo entre los 10 primeros. Octavo esta bien. Pienso que sin mucha presion puedo concentrarme y correr mi mejor carrera.

CN: Y con 26 años, puedes tener otros diez años por delante en el Tour.

AV: Es cierto... en el Tour, para empezar a ser competitivo, un corredor ha de tener 26 o 27 años para tener la fuerza a la hora de correr fuerte durante 3 semanas.

7. Naranjito

Naranjito Empezando de nuevo

Me Gusta recibidos:
    El ti oes un crack, como ciclsita y como persona.

Me parece el hermida de la carretera, muy amable y humilde.

A ver si tiene suerte y nos sorprende.

Compartir esta página