EPIC CARBONO! fotos inside

Tema en 'General' iniciado por jontomac, 15 Jul 2005.

1. PacoM

PacoM Miembro activo

Me Gusta recibidos:
    Lo mismo ahora consiguen bajarla de 14 kilos

2. Antonio®

Antonio® Linkage Design

Me Gusta recibidos:
    Tiene buena pinta y pensad que Specialized aunque lleve poco tiempo con el carbono en MTB, tiene varios cuadros de carretera bastante ligeros en carbono y tb se beneficia de todo lo que investiga merida.

Un saludo.

3. Antonio®

Antonio® Linkage Design

Me Gusta recibidos:
    Acabo de encontrar un texto de MBA sobre los nuevos cuadros de carbono, está en ingles pero por ahora es lo unico que he encontrado.

SPECIALIZED DEBUTS CARBON FIBER S-WORKS--JULY 17

R.Cunningham

Specialized has a new carbon fiber process that it calls FACT. "Functional Advanced Composite Technology." It's a building technique that starts with seperate tubes and parts that are laid up by hand from carbon fiber, then cured seperately. The individual parts are then glued together, and then the frame junctions are reinforced by "taping" it together with carbon fiber strips. The journals are then cured with heat and pressure in a second mold where the frame emerges into what Specialized calls "Az-1" (say: "as one") technology. Az-1 means that the carbon frame reacts as if it was laid up, molded and cured in one piece.

The Epic has the new carbon technology, but the big news is that the top Stumpjumper gets it too. The new Stumpy may be the best bicycle in Specialized's lineup for 2006. It has 130mm of rear wheel travel and a remote reservior Brain Shock that has been tuned to react more smoothly than the made-for-racing Epic's inertia-valve pedaling platform. The Carbon Epic with disc brakes will run near $7000 and the frame and shock weigh 2350 grams.

The Stumpjumper's bottom bracket has been raised slightly (that is good) and its head angle has been kicked out (slacker) by a half degree from the original 71-degrees. The end result is a 25-pound trailbike that pedals like a racing sled, but handles so much better that nobody in their right mind would want to trail ride on anything else. Don't get too excited; only the top three Stumpy's get Brain Shocks. The rest get Fox Triad Pro-pedal shocks. The top Stumpy will also cost around $7000.

While we are on the subject of shocks, the '06 Enduro, while it chassis is unchanged, gets the new Fox DHX-Air damper that incorporates all of the adjustability of Fox's DH racing coil/over shock, with less than half the weight. Another addition to the Enduro is a dual-crankset with a Black Spire roller guide and a lightweight Specialized "bash guard." This has been long in coming--the Enduro is too heavy to take advantage of a 44-tooth chainring anyway. The modification puts the Enduro squarely in its intended realm as a big-drop machine that is trail capable. Fox "36" forks will show up on the top bike. The mid-priced Enduro has Marzocchi's six-inch single-crown slider and a less-expensive version of the Enduro will be offered with the Fox TALAS fork.

Specialized may have the best female-specific lineup. The road and mountain lineup has been designed around matching helmets, clothing and other accessories. It's an impressive lineup--but not completely impressive. The missing link is at the top of its bicycle lineup. The best bicycle that a woman is allowed to buy is the aluminum Stumpjumper "Expert," and is doesn't have a Brain! Specialized may be able to spell the word, but expressing their committment to female cyclists is still forthcoming. Either you are in or out. Give the girls a Brain and let them ride carbon!

Downhillers and freeriders will appreciate the new Carbon fiber full-face helmet. Specialized calls it the Deviant. It is mega light weight and heavily ventilated. No problems with your helmet obscuring your view mid-stunt either, because it incorporates the adjustable Pro-Fit retention device. The new lid costs $350 in carbon and $130 in fiberglass.

If you want more information, wait for a few days and we'll get some pictures and more details on the site. Right now, I gott a go ride with Ned Overend (He turns fifty on Thursday and somehow, can still kick my butt on the climbs) Happy Birthday Ned!

Un saludo.

4. granmotte

granmotte Miembro Reconocido

Me Gusta recibidos:
    The Epic has the new carbon technology, but the big news is that the top Stumpjumper gets it too. The new Stumpy may be the best bicycle in Specialized's lineup for 2006. It has 130mm of rear wheel travel and a remote reservior Brain Shock that has been tuned to react more smoothly than the made-for-racing Epic's inertia-valve pedaling platform. The Carbon Epic with disc brakes will run near $7000 and the frame and shock weigh 2350 grams.

Toma ya!! 130 de recorrido trasero en la SJ. Si la Epic saldrá cerca dl kilo, la Sj se quedará en 4000 largos... :scratch para ahorrase 200 gramos!!

Vaya tela!! A ver quien es el primero que la compra?

Saludos!!

5. Antonio®

Antonio® Linkage Design

Me Gusta recibidos:
    The top Stumpy will also cost around $7000......... :D nada de 4000, la SJ se va al mismo precio que la Epic y un dolar en USA equivale a 1 Euro o mas en Europa en cuanto que le empiezan a sumar impuestos, IVA, etc...

Un saludo.

6. granmotte

granmotte Miembro Reconocido

Me Gusta recibidos:
    *****, no había llegado ahí :oops: ... lo dicho, VAYA TELA!!

7. Carbonboy

Carbonboy CarbonÃssimo!! Moderador ForoMTB

Me Gusta recibidos:
    lo de siempre..si ya de por si las Spec. no son baratas ahora ya se les va la pinza al estilo Cannondale.. :|

Compartir esta página