Ibis Mojo Carbon: algunos ya la están disfrutando...

Tema en 'Bicis y componentes' iniciado por MRIO, 15 Ago 2006.

1. MRIO

MRIO Miembro activo

Me Gusta recibidos:
    Pues eso, parece que algunos (por fin :roll:) ya las han estrenado .

Aquí una en plan brutico :lol::

[​IMG]

Cuadro: Mojo Carbon (talla mediana)
    Horquilla: Fox 32 140mm Talas RLC
    Amortiguador: Fox RP23
    Potencia: Syntace 90 mm 5º
    Manillar: EC50 MonkeyBar
    Desviador: SRAM X-Gen
    Cambio: SRAM X.9 (caja larga)
    Cassette: SRAM 991
    Cadena: SRAM 991
    Frenos: Avid Juicy 7 (180/180)
    Bielas/eje de pedalier: Shimano XT Hollowtech/Phill Wood (reconstruido)
    Platos: Race Face (22-32-44)
    Protector de platos: Toothfairy
    Mandos de cambio: SRAM X.0 Triggers
    Ruedas: Mavic CrossMax XL
    Cubiertas: Kenda 2.35 Blur Groove up/Kenda 2.1 Navegal rear (no tubeless)
    Tija: Gravity Dropper con tres posiciones (4"/3"/0")
    Sillín: Specialized BG Avatar
    Pedales: alterna entre unos Time Attak Carbon and unos Wellgo Magnesium de plataforma (en la foto)
    Cables y fundas: Avid Flak Jacket

Peso total: 29 lbs. (13'150 Kg. aprox.) :shock:

Y otra (en plan light):

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Peso total: 26'34 lbs. (11'95 Kg. aprox.). Y aún se puede aligerar más... :)

:love

Saludos :wink:.

2. Hidalgo

Hidalgo Orbea Alma Carbon HE

Me Gusta recibidos:
    Las 2 estan muy guapas ami me gusta mas la``light´´ pero la otra no me disgusta.

3. Carbonboy

Carbonboy CarbonÃssimo!! Moderador ForoMTB

Me Gusta recibidos:
    fjaslfjoawjdofij....(jurando en arameo)

y encima pesa menos q la mia ;)

4. Pedro Tomas

Pedro Tomas www.imaginabike.com

Me Gusta recibidos:
    Con un cuadro asi, la bici queda bien le pongas los componentes que le pongas.

5. granmotte

granmotte Miembro Reconocido

Me Gusta recibidos:
    Realmente es una preciosidad!!

6. Xc man

Xc man Yeti Fan Ongüanero

Me Gusta recibidos:
    Pues si que son una preciosidad y esos pesos..pero me gusta más la ligerita.

7. Edu24h

Edu24h JAU

Me Gusta recibidos:
    ***** es que está bici hace que me coma el tarro el carbono...

8. MRIO

MRIO Miembro activo

Me Gusta recibidos:
    :mrgreen:

9. Smash

Smash Miembro

Me Gusta recibidos:
    las dos estan muy bien, pero prefiero la segunda, lo que no se es porque no me acaba de entrar por los ojos la tija Easton, no se que tendrá

10. MRIO

MRIO Miembro activo

Me Gusta recibidos:
    Lo suyo sería, desde mi punto de vista, una Thomson Masterpiece negra (o plateada, si la potencia también lo fuese) o una Ritchey WCS Carbon :babas.

11. IbisMojo

IbisMojo Chupipandi member Moderador ForoMTB

Me Gusta recibidos:
    jajajaja.......

12. ikerz

ikerz APRENDIZ SITH

Me Gusta recibidos:
    Pues a mi no me importaria cambiarla por mi blur.

13. carjorbar

carjorbar Miembro Reconocido

Me Gusta recibidos:
    Afortunados ellos porque probablemente sea el cuadro más demandado del mercado y de largo. Estéticamente es brutal y por lo que dicen no va mal, de las que has puesto me quedo con la segunda aunque ese peso por debajo de los 12 kgs me mosquea un poco.

14. chucupis

chucupis entrenare de nuevo????

Me Gusta recibidos:
    estan muy wapas esas bicis

15. Mithril

Mithril WWW.IMAGINEPRO.ES Moderador ForoMTB

Me Gusta recibidos:
  16. kabra-xc

kabra-xc .:: ::.

Me Gusta recibidos:
    argrghgghghghg cosa bonita!!!!!

17. Robledalmadrid

Robledalmadrid Miembro activo

Me Gusta recibidos:
    es la bici deseada del momento, desde luego es tremendamente guapa. pero no deja de ser una moda pasajera, como todas... no, alguna bici montada por irreductibles galos, resiste ahora y siempre al marketing.

18. pcalvo

pcalvo Miembro activo

Me Gusta recibidos:
    Y Funcionamiento????? Cuentanos Algo Mas..................

19. granmotte

Me Gusta recibidos:
    Aquí tienes la opinión de un afortunado:

I picked it up yesterday and was able to get in a nice 2 hour ride. Thought I'd share some overall impressions. First off, it is a stunning bike to look at, even moreso in person. The owner of the shop, who has seen just about every bike imaginable, was amazed. He said he didn't know if I should ride it or hang it on the wall as art. The carbon work is just awesome. BTW, the rear triangle might even be more impressive than the front.

Details: The bike comes with a nice manual. Not that general manual you always get with your bike, the 'always wear a helmet when you ride' crap. Ibis provides a nice overview of the bike, how to set it up, how to care for it, how the Fox suspension works with the Mojo, etc. A small thing, but a great touch IMO. Sweet Ibis stem (possibly made by Syntace?), a stainless steel stay protector, included vinyl protectors to prevent cable rub, cool new '4 Ibis' logo on the seat tube (maybe representing the 4 owners?).

Ride: I have always wanted to ride a DW-link and compare it to my 4-bar ellsworth Id. Both are set up at 5.5 inches of travel and have a lightweight trail build, so this is a great comparison. The Id weighs a respectable 27.68 pounds, the Mojo comes in at 26.34 pounds (with the SL build and Shimano 959s). 2 hours is hardly a season of riding, but these 2 bikes are very different. The Mojo definitely pedals more efficiently. With the Id, I feel like I have 5.5 inches of travel, and not always in a good way. The Mojo feels almost race-like. The travel is there, but only when you need it. It climbs like a rocket...I set the RP23 at level 1 (there's also a 2 and 3, but I never needed them) and the rear stiffens with every pedal stroke. It almost felt like a hardtail. VPP and DW-link riders already know this I'm sure, but having never ridden either, this is entirely new to me. In between climbing and descending is that thing called flow and the Mojo gets you there easily. This is why I ride....to get to that place in the ride where your working hard, but don't know it. I rode my favorite section of trail 4 times just to keep experiencing this. There are not a lot of descents on this trail, but the Mojo seemed to handle them fine. (I flipped the RP23 to 'open' (propedal off, basically) and this really makes a big difference going downhill. This bike rips, plain and simple.

Y aquí el link: http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?p=2145204#poststop

De momento, hablan maravillas... :babas :babas :babas

20. granmotte

Me Gusta recibidos:
    Y otro:

I rode my Mojo Carbon with SX build for the first time last night.

First, a special thanks to Troy Rarick and the expert mechanics at Over the Edge Sports in Fruita, CO, for the easy business handling and personal attention to getting this bike to me. Shipping to Cali was $150.

But before the first ride I mounted the wheels and tires off my Tracer. And it was good to use my familiar tires Mutanoraptor 2.4’s tubeless with Stans sealant off my Tracer to gain a close comparison of the traction and handling differences. The SX build’s silver Mavic CrossRides with Nevegal 2.1 tires are as light as my older self built (Mavic x3.1 UST, Hope Bulb, DT2.0, alloy nips) but flexier and half the hub engagement rate, 18 vs. 36 per revolution. My black wheels really make the Mojo look much better in my opinion, the contrast of silver wheels looked low end and out of place on the beautifully finished near black carbon rag frame.

I stopped many times to adjust fit and shock pressure. I rode pavement 2 miles from home to a local trail (Tamarancho) with many switchbacks and a wide variety of conditions. Once I got the fit issues settled down pretty well it was apparent how well balanced the bike handles. The (OEM only) ‘07 Float-RL fork and RP23 are very well balanced together. With RP23 Propedal lever in the "off" position the bike pedals better than my Tracer, no squish or wallow at all, very efficient in any ring and gear and, and like all the other DW-Links I've ridden, no detectable pedal kickback at all in any gear (the Tracer is rather low in pedal bob without a platform shock but unlike the Mojo and other dw-Links I've ridden the Tracer does has a very slight bit of kickback feel hitting sharper rocks in the granny's lower gears).

Only the fork bobbed while standing pedaling. I was well under the recommended pressure to achive 25% sag and near full travel, I imagine the ‘07 Float-RL air pressure will come up when the fork is more fully broken in, it is moderatly sticky as new. I’m still fooling with air pressure optimization for sure, but ended up last night with 10 pounds under the recommended 90% body weight for the RP23, still never used the last 1.5 inches of suspension travel. Less pressure allowed too much sag for climbing geometry (I’ll be replacing the air shock and fork with coil types for better balance of sag and travel and better traction and ride quality.) It appears the Mojo has a similar problem as my Tracer did of not gaining full travel using a Float type air shock like the RP23 is based on, perhaps an AVA sleeve or DHX Air would produce full travel with optimum sag. The lack of full travel on the Tracer with air is only for heavier riders, average weight and lighter riders could get full travel which may be thee same with the Mojo using Float/RP23 type shocks. More ride time is needed to know for sure, I wasn't riding it as hard as I can on that first ride.

The air suspension worked better than I expected, Fox has really reduced the stiction issue since I last spend extended time on air with my 2001 FloatRL the first year on my Tracer before going to a Vanilla-R. But there is slower compression damping than I like even with no Propedal, it has a dead feeling, I kind of prefer a slight wallow and more liquid and lively rhythmic handling feel. But I need to ride this combo more, it may break in to be smoother, and perhaps it is really better with more compression than I prefer. My coiled Tracer even with 4 inch travel (actually 4.5 inch travel now with Nixon and Uzzi-SL link) is smoother over smaller gravely conditions, but the Mojo with air match in smoothness quality with any real hits and rough trail and was the extended deep travel is much more plush on bigger hits, and smoother in every way above a about 10mph. I still want to get a coil rear and swap my coil Nixon Elite form the Tracer to the Mojo. I think the ride will be even better.

Handling and braking is superb so far, better than the Tracer is downhill, more stable in direction, with slightly slacker head angle and same seat angle as the Tracer’s short wheelbase 4 inch setting. And much stability advantage of the Mojo is because of the near 1 inch lower BB height. I measured the Mojo BB height at 13.0 inches with the new OEM wheels and tires, pretty low for so much travel. I did scrape pedals a few times that almost never occurred with the Tracer due to the Mojo’s lower BB height, but not as much as I expected, I guess due to no pedal bobbing. Rear braking is as stable and high traction equaling the superb rear braking of the Tracer, which has the best rear braking traction of any trail bike I’ve ever ridden.

The Sram 9.0 shifting was very easy, and getting familiar to only using thumb will come quickly, but I prefer Shimano’s thumb-finger Rapid-Fire for better ergonomics and quickness up and down. The Sram 1:1 cable pull really makes good sense for closer spaced 9-speed precision. I'm coming from 8-speed and the wider range of gears is nice. I do want to get better brake levers, I'm used to the flat face of Avid Ultimate levers I've used for 6+ years, flat faces spread out finger pressure and allow for more powerful pressure without biting into the fingers, after all these years I wonder why Hayes hasn't made flat faces standard, must be weight vs. stiffness vs. cost to produce stiff flat faced levers.

When picking it up while tired after the ride the air suspended Mojo feels like it's at least 2 pounds lighter than my 28 pound coiled Tracer, it is very light, although the weight difference isn't so noticeable while riding except the Mojo does want to jump up short climbs with greater ease. Launching both wheels is very balanced, and bunny-hopping or manualing the front end up is very easy.

Pictures to follow (when I ever get my camera back from warrantee repair).

In one word the Mojo ride is AWESOME! Also a few more… superbly balanced, very light and low flex, quick and stable handling, and with perfect efficiency. This ride confirmed to me it's the very best trail bike in the world now.

Compartir esta página