MARZOCCHI Y MANITOU SE FUSIONAN!!!! NUEVA MARCA (en ingles)

Tema en 'Bicis y componentes' iniciado por MN, 6 Abr 2005.

1. MN

MN Baneado

Me Gusta recibidos:
    Lo siento, esta todo en ingles y es mucho para traducirlo.

[​IMG]

http://www.dirtragmag.com/print/article.php?ID=680

If you’ve ever had trouble pronouncing the name of the Italian suspension fork brand, Marzocchi, fear no more, life just got a little easier.

Sure, the merger of Manitou and Marzocchi into a new company, Marzanitou, might seem confusing since the two fork makers have been at odds with each other over the need for a new “freeriding” steerer tube diameter, but the newly-formed company has quickly settled the half-a-decade head tube diameter standard dispute with the introduction of a new steerer tube diameter, 1.3125”.

The new head tube diameter is a result of many engineers coming together from across the globe to discuss the fate of the head tube “standard” wars.

“It’s just strange that after we let Marzocchi’s engineers work with our [Manitou’s] engineers, that the resulting new standard would be exactly half the difference between the traditional 1 1/8” headtube and the oversize 1.5”, but both teams of engineers have assured us that this new size is much stronger, lighter and easier to produce than any other diameter,” said Manitou’s marketing guy Bill Christensen.

While international magazine editors met at the 2005 Manitou/Kenda press camp in Spain’s Canary Islands, Manitou’s engineers met with Marzocchi’s in hotel conference rooms on the other side of Grand Canary Island to discuss the future of the new company and their first joint product venture, the Condoleeza, designed around the new One-point-three-one-two-five steerer tube diameter.

“No. It just sounds cool.” said Joel Smith, Marzanitou’s head marketing guy, when asked if the new fork’s name had any relation to the US Secretary of State. The Condoleeza series of suspension forks is aimed at the emerging Cattle Class (see Dirt Rag's news article).

“We really see some promise in the Cattle Class. Americans can sit around and gain as much weight as they like, but that doesn’t take away from the fact that they still want a little competition… Once they see a race class, a suspension fork, and a steerer tube diameter, designed just for them, we believe they’ll finally get off their asses and ride,” said Christensen.

But what about the rest of the suspension forks? Fortunately, Marzanitou won’t have to start from ground zero in discussing brake arch designs—both companies start with M, so Marzocchi’s original M-shaped brake arch just might easily convert to Manitou’s reverse arch design. But valving is another story—Manitou prefers Stable Platform Valving (SPV) while Marzocchi has sworn by Speed Sensitive Valving (SSV).

“Simple,” says Smith, “SS-SPV is an optimized speed sensitive stable platform valving system that utilizes the best of both systems. It’s just like one-point-three-one-two-five.”

Consumers can expect this mindset from Marzanitou as it works to combine technologies pioneered by each company into single technologies that feature the best of both worlds.

And while Condoleeza is Marzanitou’s first joint offering, at least in the short term, expect to find both Marzocchi and Manitou’s previous offerings to exist simultaneously under the new name. For example, Marzanitou will sell ’05 and ’06 Shermans as well as 66 and Junior T’s; Nixons as well as All Mountains.

This merger leaves us consumers asking, will other companies merge as well to compete with the new giants? RockShox and Fox? RST and Spinner?

“No,” said Elayna Caldwell, marketing person at Fox Racing Shox. “That’s the stupidest idea outside of 29” suspension forks that I’ve ever heard.”

“Well, I’ve always thought it would be best to buy out the competition,” said Michael Zellman, head marketing guy at SRAM, owners of RockShox, “but to be honest, we can’t afford Fox. As for the competition, we’ll probably just wait until the Italian mafia kills off the Californians at Marzanitou’s next press launch.”

To keep up on Marzanitou’s latest, visit their website, www.marzanitou.com

2. Dr.power

Dr.power Barna Power

Me Gusta recibidos:
    eso como no me meta alguien algo por la vena no me lo creo :mrgreen:

3. krystian xtc

krystian xtc lightbike-magazine.es

Me Gusta recibidos:
    jodo!! necesito resumen en spaininig!!! :shock:

4. DemenbikeR

DemenbikeR Moderador (D)

Me Gusta recibidos:
    LOLLL :lol: :lol: :lol:

# As for the competition, we’ll probably just wait until the Italian mafia kills off the Californians at Marzanitou’s next press launch.”

# One-point-three-one-two-five steerer tube diameter.

De verdad, hacia tiempo que no me reia tanto con algo de la bici xDDDDD

5. Superdiego

Superdiego Powered by EnBici-Merida

Me Gusta recibidos:
    krystian xtc, no te preocupes que......Va a ser que no........traduzco la ultima frase para que veais:

-1.3125 de diametro de tubo.......

Lo siento krystian xtc, pero tendras que cambiar tu cuadro por uno que valga esa horquilla.....Pobre Giant que solo tiene 1 mes y algo..........SaLu2!!

6. pinilla

pinilla a to pistón...

Me Gusta recibidos:
    Co*o Navarro, ¿que es de tu vida?, tengo nueva rígida que no sé si podré estrenar algún día, ya te la enseñaré.

A.B.R.I.D.A. for ever...

Saludos cordiales...

7. Naranjito

Naranjito Empezando de nuevo

Me Gusta recibidos:
    ****** un mn!!!!!!! :shock:

q es de tu vida???

jejej la noticia se als trae,al principio me ha dado un espasmo q no me lo creia,y menos mal pq hay q ver q tomadura de pelo. :mrgreen:

8. SuSu

SuSu Miembro

Me Gusta recibidos:
    ¿1 de abril? -> 28 de diciembre

9. Abejaruco

Abejaruco Miembro activo

Me Gusta recibidos:
    Yo digo una cosa. hay que tener pocas cosas que hacer en la vida pa tirarse escribiendo esa chorrada una hora... :scratch

Hey tio! estabas muy perdio! ¿qué hay de tu vida?

10. bilardo

bilardo Miembro

Me Gusta recibidos:
    eso no lo habrán publicado el 1 de abril no???

11. dirtyjim

dirtyjim Nihilista

Me Gusta recibidos:
    April's fools!

Condoleezza jajajajaja. Cómo se lo curran para el día de los inocentes, no es la primera de la que me entero, además las webs dan mucho juego soltando bulos jejejeje

1 saludo!

12. Antonio®

Antonio® Linkage Design

Me Gusta recibidos:
    “Simple,” says Smith, “SS-SPV is an optimized speed sensitive stable platform valving system that utilizes the best of both systems. It’s just like one-point-three-one-two-five.”

:meparto :meparto :meparto

13. Carbonboy

Carbonboy CarbonÃssimo!! Moderador ForoMTB

Me Gusta recibidos:
    Gran canaria sale hasta en la bromas.. :mrgreen:

14. BlueTomato

BlueTomato De la bajada no hay fotos

Me Gusta recibidos:
    La R7 es guapa hasta con esas pegatas.

15. Nikto

Nikto Pingu-Glober

Me Gusta recibidos:
    Condolezza...Arise :shock: :twisted:

16. NORCO

NORCO ANTIPATRIOTA

Me Gusta recibidos:
    ES UN FAKE,VAMOS ,UN PUFAZO DEL 16

SALU2

17. tumbona

tumbona Miembro activo

Me Gusta recibidos:
    April's fool!!!

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

18. SuperCoco

SuperCoco Ave Fénix

Me Gusta recibidos:
    jajajajaja-......la verdad es que es una buena coña.....Y lo del nombre Condolezza, así completan la Nixxon....harán tambien el hinchador Lewinski Blower para el amortiguador Clinton ....jajajajajajaja :lol: :lol:

Pero tambien se publicó el nacimiento de Gmail el 1 de Abril...y mira..... :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

19. Nikto

Nikto Pingu-Glober

Me Gusta recibidos:
    :meparto :meparto

20. pillin

pillin Tengo Member

Me Gusta recibidos:
    Yo me reiría si supiera de que va :eh? :scratch

Compartir esta página