MTB around Sevilla and more

Tema en 'Foreign Bikers' iniciado por Evil Sylvain, 16 Mar 2006.

1. Evil Sylvain

Evil Sylvain Novato

Me Gusta recibidos:
    Hola!

I'm from Montreal, Canada, and although it's not confirmed yet but I should go to Sevilla for work during the first week of April. I would like to extend my stay in Spain to do some mountain biking.

Is there a possibility to rent a good mountain bike in Spain? Bringing my own bike (IronHorse Hollowpoint MkIII Expert 2005) would be possible but it's a lot of trouble that I would prefer to avoid like bleeding the brakes.

Either way, what are the possibilities or mountain biking in the Sevilla area?

I am also open to go elsewhere in Spain. Any recommendations for cross-country mountain biking? I like nice singletracks but also more rugged terrains. I don't need something that last for days but to have some fun for a day in one trail then maybe the next day try another trail.

Thanks in advance for any tips and recommendations!

Sylvain

PS. Je parles français aussi.

2. NanoTro

NanoTro En el hogar RE

Me Gusta recibidos:
  3. Mackem

Mackem Miembro

Me Gusta recibidos:
    Theres good in riding in Cazorla(Jaen province), Malaga and Cadiz. Although not strictly local for you its still Andalucia. I have an English language guide to the biking in these areas, I could scan and email the relevant bits to you.
    The Anadalucian tourism office publish an English language guide to mountain biking, it covers Seville, you should be able to get it from a turismo in Seville.

heres a start for you...

http://www.andalucia.org/modulos.php?modulo=Bicicleta

also, if you want guided riding, try this lot, I've been a few times and thoroughly recommend them.

www.seasonallyunadjusted.com

4. gonzo

gonzo Miembro Reconocido

Me Gusta recibidos:
    Here you have: www.hispabikers.com

we are a group of bikers from seville area, and we'll be glad to show you our spots

GO to our page and get on contact with the guys there

answering to your first question it's not easy to rent a good bike here, but you can easily get a test bike for a weekend, good chance to try something new! I´ve seen a specialized epic, cannondale rush and cannondale prophet for testing, for example.

hope to see you riding here in two weeks, man

5. Burrabury

Burrabury Biker agónico

Me Gusta recibidos:
  6. Evil Sylvain

Evil Sylvain Novato

Me Gusta recibidos:
    Hi guys,

Thank you very much for the feedback. I'm curious about getting a test bike. Can I get more details?

My trip is not confirmed yet but it looks more and more likely that I'll be in Sevilla during the first week of April. :)

Cheers,
    Sylvain

7. gonzo

gonzo Miembro Reconocido

Me Gusta recibidos:
    Well, I´ve never taken a test bike, but I know you just left any document, passport or something like that and you can borrow the bike for a weekend

in the www.hispabikers.com forum, onio take a prophet like that

8. Evil Sylvain

Evil Sylvain Novato

Me Gusta recibidos:
    I guess I waited too long as the site is down at the moment.

I am flying out Monday evening and will be in Sevilla for work. I will work three days and then it's vacations. :) I have planned to stay in Spain until the 15th. Hopefully I'll be able to find affordable places to stay after I'm done with work.

I've decided it was not worth bringing my own bike for roughly one week only. I'll check later if the hispabikers site is back online as I would like very much to get a demo bike for next weekend.

Regards,
    Sylvain

9. gonzo

gonzo Miembro Reconocido

Me Gusta recibidos:
    the site must be back on line soon

if don´t we use this site for meeting, so don´t worry

I don´t know exactly the plans for this weekend as I was going to race a bike marathon (finally I´m not) but when I know I´ll post it here for you

I hope something technical and funny

10. Evil Sylvain

Evil Sylvain Novato

Me Gusta recibidos:
  11. gonzo

gonzo Miembro Reconocido

Me Gusta recibidos:
    here you have: http://www.foromtb.com/showthread.php?t=73729

they are riding on Grazalema this weekend. It´s in Cadiz, and it,s the more rainny place in spain. One of the more beautifull places you can visit here.

It will be a very technical ride, hard and long.

They will meet at Decathlon (big sports shop in Camas -small town really close to seville) you can get there by bike, saturday, april the 8th, at 7:30 in the morning. I´m sure any of them can get you to grazalema by car.

Don´t be afraid to write to them here or in our web page if it´s on line again. Many hispabikers speak english.

Sadly I can´t ride with you this saturday. I play in a metal band and we,ve got a gig this saturday night. I can´t risk my fingers on saturday morning and I need to be back so early to test the backline, and grazalema is too far.

I´m sorry. I´d really like to go :(.

Don´t miss this oportunity, manny, the guy leading the group this time, is a tough rider, and always choose great rides.

I´ll tell the guys about you, so they don flip out about a foreigner riding a test bike and speaking english and french appearing suddenly from nowhere to ride in grazalema uh!

12. gonzo

gonzo Miembro Reconocido

Me Gusta recibidos:
    here I send you a pic from google earth where you can see the place they´ll meet to go by car to the beginning of the ride marked as "decathlon" with a green car.

Adjuntos:

13. pepetin

pepetin Miembro Reconocido

Me Gusta recibidos:
  14. gonzo

gonzo Miembro Reconocido

Me Gusta recibidos:
    I´d rather take a prophet for this ride, probably, even though I´m a specialized fan

15. Evil Sylvain

Evil Sylvain Novato

Me Gusta recibidos:
    Guys, thanks for the information. I have a one day delay in my work due to delayed flights but I'll try to make it. I think I know the Sur Aventura shop. I was in Sevilla 1.5 years ago and walked in front of it. And tonight I had dinner at the Orsini Pizzeria not far from there. :) I'll go have a look as soon as I can.

Cheers,
    S.

16. Evil Sylvain

Evil Sylvain Novato

Me Gusta recibidos:
    Update:
    I went to Sur Aventura today and talked with the person working there and fortunately there was also somebody to translate.

Apparently you can only get a test or demo bike if you are a potential customer. They don't rent the bikes. I should have been wiser and told them I was interested to buy but it's clear I'm not from the area.

Anyhow, I've insisted a little bit and the guy tried to see his boss but he was not around. So I'll return this Thursday to see if I can negociate something.

I'll let you know.

Sylvain

17. pepetin

Me Gusta recibidos:
  18. Evil Sylvain

Evil Sylvain Novato

Me Gusta recibidos:
    Yes! I will have a bike if all goes well. Now I only need the direction to the Decathlon or somebody to pick me up. I'm located near the Santa Justa Estacion.

Thanks!
    Sylvain

19. gonzo

gonzo Miembro Reconocido

Me Gusta recibidos:
    Lets Try

Adjuntos:

20. pepetin

Me Gusta recibidos:
    sylivian if you want I can to pick you in Avenida pablo iglesias with calle jose laguillo http://callejero.paginasamarillas.e...=Vacio&idCalle=1447&idioma=spa&site=callejero do you know where is it?

Compartir esta página