Let's talk about biking in English

Tema en 'Foreign Bikers' iniciado por chainring, 7 Ene 2011.

1. Interaptor

Interaptor Miembro Reconocido

Me Gusta recibidos:
    Can you believe it?. This weather seems to always strive to get worse on our road bike day. I hope, cross fingers, we can make it for tomorow tough. We´re in the beginning stages of planning our new season, so that any delay now -which results in our worse shape for the next days- is not desirable if we want to take advantage of Springtime. That´s especially for me facing with this bleak prospect: I´ll be out of cycling for another one week and a half. Have to go to Germany on 3rd April, that´s two FRBD´s (Friday Road Bike Day) missed. This is not the best heavy training volume I can get out of a bike... ;)

Última edición: 27 Mar 2014
  2. chainring

chainring Miembro Reconocido

Me Gusta recibidos:
    Well, we made it! We beat the rain! Had a good bike ride, though it was windy on the way back, but it could have been much worse. The forecast for the rest of the weekend is rain, so I may have to go back to hamster mode; pedaling on my exercise bicycle, while looking out the window, ha ha. In any case, look forward to seeing you in three weeks when you get back from Germany. Try to stay in shape!

Here's another picture from today's ride.
    me going up.JPG

3. Interaptor

Me Gusta recibidos:
    Yeah, that´s a nice photo of you climbing La Pedriza!. We can´t tell by the pic the gradient of that particular small section but it´s around 12%, the steepest section of the whole hill. We managed to avoid the rain over there but we were caught in the headwind on our way back to Madrid. According to AEMET windspeed was +-42 Kmts/h. Nothing that we can be afraid of. On the contrary, it makes us stronger.
    Today it´s a rainy Sunday. If it´s a sunny afternoon, I´ll be outside enjoying my road bike again!. Gonna miss it in Germany...

This is me on the same spot ascending the hill. Thank you for taking the time to take them!

SubiendoLaPedrizaMarzo2014.JPG

Cheers!

Última edición: 30 Mar 2014
  4. chainring

Me Gusta recibidos:
    And here's a picture of me from about the same angle. Photography's a good hobby to combine with cycling, I know I enjoy it.

Shifting gears, perhaps in a about a month or so we can go on a cross country ride, Cercedilla-Madid or Cercedilla-Segovia. We'll keep the idea in the back of our minds.

La Pedri red.JPG

5. Interaptor

Me Gusta recibidos:
    TOIS.jpg

• Me Gusta Me Gusta x 1
  6. chainring

Me Gusta recibidos:
    As with most Sundays, we went to the Sierra today. An absolutely gorgeous day!

group.JPG

Did a little jump or two.

jump.JPG

Had a small technical problem with a branch

branch.JPG

But really had a great ride today!

7. jorgt

jorgt Corre Conejo correee!!

Me Gusta recibidos:
    Strava:
    alas! Anything else? That branch could've gave you a headache.....

I'll try to be back , good morning boys!!

8. chainring

Me Gusta recibidos:
    Yeah, when I saw the branch, I was worried. But in the end it didn't break or bend anything.

Here's another picture of me answering the call of nature.

peeing.JPG

9. jorgt

Me Gusta recibidos:
    Strava:
    had something important between hands tho' didn't you? What kind of mates you have that take you a picture while you're taking a piss?

10. chainring

Me Gusta recibidos:
    The nice weather is holding out. Could it be winter really is over? But there's still plenty of water in the Sierras. Check out the waterfall in Cercedilla: la Ducha de los Alemanes. Nice ride!

ducha.JPG

11. jorgt

Me Gusta recibidos:
    Strava:
    you never miss a chance do ya?

Chainring... providing you the best pics of the Sierras since 2011. Nice job!

12. chainring

Me Gusta recibidos:
    What? Another chance to post a picture!!!
    I did a little jump in El Pardo today, El Palomar trail, actually. Fun! Though it's pretty sandy and slippery these days so must exercise caution.

CIMG5469 mod.JPG

Última edición: 17 Abr 2014
  13. jorgt

Me Gusta recibidos:
    Strava:
    Actually you're looking pretty tidy on your bike, smoothly balanced, well equipped, and always having a good time. You're getting really too deep into this boy... ;)

• Me Gusta Me Gusta x 1
  14. chainring

Me Gusta recibidos:
    Hey, Hoyo de Manzanares rules! Ha ha ha. I tell you, it's a great place to ride every now and again.
    Here I am doing a drop. You can there were blue skies and fresh air, really nice!

drop mod red.JPG

Última edición: 27 Abr 2014
  15. Mario Scale Buzz

Mario Scale Buzz Barreiros

Me Gusta recibidos:
    Strava:
    Nice pics David, as usual.

This is mine, from a couple of weeks ago, just touching our beloved park boundaries... because I'm still following the training plan, and that doesn't allow me to enjoy those kind of sweets yet :mad:

[​IMG]

Only today I've been daring enough to do the eWoks downhill, but enjoying the views more than pressing the chrono.

16. chainring

Me Gusta recibidos:
    Hi Mario! How are you? This is a bit embarrassing but I don't see any of your photos. Maybe it's because I don't have tapatalk, or maybe it's because I don't know how to use it :confused: Can you post them some other way, or tell me what I have to do?

In any case, they say photos never lie, but the camera angle sure affects how you see things. For example, in this one it looks like I'm riding down Everest. It is a steep drop, but the photographer is tilting the camera to the right so it looks even steeper. Sure looks impressive tho. It'll impress my friends, ha ha.

extreme downhill red.JPG

17. chainring

Me Gusta recibidos:
    Mario, actually I have seen your pic. I can see it in the email I get from the forum telling me someone's written. Very nice: a bike and a mellow trail. Looks like you're combining biking and photography, like me!

18. Mario Scale Buzz

Mario Scale Buzz Barreiros

Me Gusta recibidos:
    Strava:
    In fact both of them are my hobbies! It's weird you couldn't view my pic. You don't need to have Tapatalk, because the link is public. I liked that because it is my return to single tracks. Step by step I'll combine these amazing hobbies more and more, as in the past ;)

19. chainring

Me Gusta recibidos:
    Well, since we're on the subject of pics, I got quite a few of them last Sunday. Here's another going down the same drop-off as above. You can see it looks steeper because the camera is lilting to the left. I feel that tilting the camera is cheating a bit, but so often the picture doesn't do justice to the level of difficulty. You know, you go through a really tricky section, then you look at the picture of it and it doesn't look like anything! So actually it's nice having pics where it looks like you're really at the limit.

drop off red.JPG

20. chainring

Me Gusta recibidos:
    Here's a fun one skidding.

skidding red.JPG

Compartir esta página