Is there a market in Spain for.....?

Tema en 'Foreign Bikers' iniciado por JackM92, 6 Ene 2014.

1. JackM92

JackM92 Miembro

Me Gusta recibidos:
    Hi.

I run a UK online based bike shop and I am moving back to Spain in March. I have a couple of people in the UK who can carry it on here but I am looking to bridge the gap between UK and Spain.

My plan is to either buy used bikes here to sell in the UK or source used bikes in the UK to sell in Spain. Prices seem to vary a lot between country and brand.

I can also supply Cannondale, Santa Cruz and Specialized bikes at a very good rate. All brand new models so I am hoping this will come in to some use in Spain. Most of the new bikes have any where from a few hundred saving to over a thousand in some cases.

Cycling is generally a bigger sport in Spain compared to the UK so i am hoping sourcing good quality used bikes for buyers in Spain will be an advantage. I also work with some of the major brands such as Lapierre and get offers on there ex-demo and used bikes so most older or used models are readily available. I also work with other suppliers internationally if the bike is a little difficult to get hold of.

Postage will only take days and will be fully insured by my company.

What do people think? Obviously its a little risky jumping country but I am hoping to expand this way. Will there be a market for this? I have spoken to the guys who run the site and we will be putting regular advertisements up.

Thanks in advance.

2. Mackem

Mackem Miembro

Me Gusta recibidos:
    Sorry if this sounds flippant, but I'm sure there's always a market for stuff that's cheaper!.

From a personal point of view, I'd be interested in frame-only deals (especially Lapierre) I have good wheels, brakes and components, it would be nice to only need to change the frame (and fork probably).

3. JackM92

JackM92 Miembro

Me Gusta recibidos:
    Yes I see where you are coming from. I regularly have some crazy offers on bikes.
    Last month we had a brand new Specialized Epic S-works 2013 in the sale for £3999 which I dont feel is bad at all considering other shops have them in the sale for £6300. Plus other offers on Cannondale, Santa Cruz and various others.

Frames are fairly easy to get hold of, as I said I work with lots of companies so get fairly good offers.

I am hoping to slip in the market as some one who can source good reliable offers and buy your bike if you need to free the funds. I also take PX on many bikes. Such as a Santa Cruz Solo Carbon I have now which has 15% saving off RRP and PX considered.

Hopefully I can secure a place in the industry here, same as the UK!

Thanks

4. JackM92

JackM92 Miembro

Me Gusta recibidos:
    Hi,

Just a little update in case anyone is interested.

Spoke to a couple of members on here and I have been in touch with a few of the big rental and holiday companies in Spain. Good reviews so far.
    Couple of companies want me to supply all used bikes for them as personal and hire bikes.

Also got a company interested in selling all their bikes through me.

They all seem to think that a quality online shop specializing in new bikes and more importantly used bikes will be a hit here as no one is really doing it. Basically a sourcing service where you approach me and say I want XXXX bikes and have XXXX amount then leave it with me. I am confident that I can get hold of most bikes with my contacts throughout Europe but I also have contacts in the US where the market is much bigger and slightly cheaper so that opens the door to brands which are harder to find.

Your bike will arrive either brand new or fully serviced (used bikes) and in good condition. Hopefully working with the big companies will offer some sort of security as I am unheard of in Spain also the amount of good feedback we have on Facebook, forums etc should put people at rest.

My IT tech is working on an additional website for the company which will be in Spanish and .ES rather than .COM.

Will be a duplicate site of my english one so will have great offers and regular specials on new bikes.

If any one wants to chip in let me know what you think, all advice is greatly appreciated.

5. JackM92

JackM92 Miembro

Me Gusta recibidos:
  6. culebrazx

culebrazx Miembro Reconocido

Me Gusta recibidos:
    Cabeza del Buey (Badajoz) y Leganés (Madrid)
    I´m doubtful about prices of biking clothes in both countries. In order to upgrade my bike I also interested in knowing price of FOX/RS rear shockabsorbers. I know there´re a great difference in car parts prices, but i don´t know anything related to cycling parts.

7. rappe appie

rappe appie Novato

Me Gusta recibidos:
    Hi JackM92, I'm convinced that there is a market for you. I live near the Sierra Nevada (Granada) and every dy I see a bunch load of road bikers and mountainbikers. At the coast you 've got a lot of companies who organise cycling holidays. I would say: try it!

8. Hydrone

Hydrone Miembro

Me Gusta recibidos:
    Strava:
    Whats the address, I'd like to check it out

9. Saldegracia

Saldegracia Miembro activo

Me Gusta recibidos:
    Strava:
    Well, the likes of Wiggle and Chainreaction make a good living selling bikes and components to all sorts of places including mainland Europe. As you say, it depends on the brand, but you can find incredible good deals from the UK shops. Of course it helps they don't charge shipping, at least for more expensive item. For me it's all about service and trust. If I order form a foreign country I want to know that they'll deal with it swiftly if there are any problems.

10. Corvido

Corvido Miembro

Me Gusta recibidos:
    Why do you want to sell bikes from here there and to sell bikes from there here? Do you understand it is very strange?

Compartir esta página